How far has Hyundai come with reliability?

I have read and heard that Hyundai has made big progress in the area of reliability. A friend of mine owns a Hyundai Getz and he says he'd like to buy an i30.

How would Hyundai compare to Toyota now, in the area of reliability?

20 hours ago, thisguy said:

How would Hyundai compare to Toyota now, in the area of reliability?

A lot closer than previous years but it really comes down to your measurement timeline etc. Toyota has proven quality and reliability over the long term plus it has retained a continuous quality control focus.

Following [selective biased] article gives you an indication of a recent used car buying comparison. https://www.drive.com.au/new-car-reviews/what-mid-sized-sedan-should-i-buy--118621.html?ffref=brisbanetimes&trackLink=SMH0 

A good indication of reliability could be a total cost of repairs/replacement after buying a quality used vehicle say 5 yrs old, regularly serviced, retained for 5 years then extended for another 5 years. At this point in time, guess which brand I would be betting my lunch money on for their comparative 2018 models to cost the least in the long term?       

ive driven pretty much 60% of cars. Hyundai is one of the crap cars, its just a toyota copycat plus koreans are etcha skecthcy anyway. Wouldnt trust them

22 hours ago, AlexeiN said:

ive driven pretty much 60% of cars. Hyundai is one of the crap cars, its just a toyota copycat plus koreans are etcha skecthcy anyway. Wouldnt trust them

I have to admit I feel much better owning a Toyota again. I've asked my friend in the past if he'd consider a Toyota, maybe a Yaris as he likes having a small car, but he's keen to buy another Hyundai. I think he's had a good run with Hyundai, so I can't argue with him.

2 hours ago, thisguy said:

he's keen to buy another Hyundai. I think he's had a good run with Hyundai, so I can't argue with him.

Agree, his decision. If he is looking at new or a few years old then he should be ok. I have been having a good run with Toyota for the last 25 years. Satisfied enough that I have another Toyota Aurion as backup if something drastic happens to my current Aurion.