Trouble w. front spolier!

Hi Guys/girls,

Got a '05 sportivo and unfortunately managed to break my front skirt few wks back. So went into the dealers (in Canb.) to get a new one but they told me that it comes in 2 parts(left and right and joined in middle). In disbelief i managed to pull it off and its def a one piece. Brought it back to dealer and they can't work it out, cause apparrently the computer says so.......and we all know computers never lie!

Anyway getting it in anyway, but can i cut the existing one in half and bolt it on:-) I doubt its the right part anyway guess I'll see when it comes in what the computer says.

Anyone ever had this prob....or do my dealer just have a crappy computer database!

Chereo

Two beers

I went to go get one for my levin and they told me its 2pieces too!

And its not! so i dont know what they on about!

tell them that they need to look in the SA supplementry parts catalogue, its a 1 peice part and should cost about $500, it comes painted as well.

Hi Guys/girls,

Got a '05 sportivo and unfortunately managed to break my front skirt few wks back. So went into the dealers (in Canb.) to get a new one but they told me that it comes in 2 parts(left and right and joined in middle). In disbelief i managed to pull it off and its def a one piece. Brought it back to dealer and they can't work it out, cause apparrently the computer says so.......and we all know computers never lie!

Anyway getting it in anyway, but can i cut the existing one in half and bolt it on:-) I doubt its the right part anyway guess I'll see when it comes in what the computer says.

Anyone ever had this prob....or do my dealer just have a crappy computer database!

Chereo

Two beers

Can you keep me updated on how you go with the 2 piece part order? ie is the the correct sportivo front lip as I have placed the same order and arriving in a week. I would like to cancel the order if its the wrong one.

Cheers

The black plastic bits are part no.76851 A & 76852A 2 piece.

The ones I enquired about are part no. 7685113050C1 & 7685213040C1 and cost $570

And the dealer said they come colored. If these were the black stock ones I don't think it would come colored

Because it is 2 piece and is pre painted I suspect its going to be the Japanese Runx front corner skirt.

http://toyota.jp/corollarunx/concept/concept/index.html

Which I don't mind anyway looks more like a Runx

See what happens ay

Edited by GAZOOM

pre face-lift levin is 2 piece.

I was speaking to the dealer in regards to parts for 2005 onwards. Plus I gave him my Vin No. and it matched those part no. s

CORZZA in Sydney owns a 2005 Levin and the front has the black plastic lip same as the ascents and conquests.

So I suspect the 2 piece colored lips are different to the stock black plastic. I bloody hope so because I'm paying $500 bucks for part I already have on my own car at the moment.

Thanks for your help guys.

I went to go get one for my levin and they told me its 2pieces too!

And its not! so i dont know what they on about!

tell them that they need to look in the SA supplementry parts catalogue, its a 1 peice part and should cost about $500, it comes painted as well.

Will do that! thanks!

current model jap spec runX one is 2 piece as well. unless u option up the "elegance" kit.

aus sportivo is a one piece.

when you say 2 peice are you talking about the front bumper and then the addon front lip or are you saying the front lip is 2 peice, cause the levin and sportivo addon are single piece and the ascent and ascent sports "addon" part is 2 peice :blink:

when you say 2 peice are you talking about the front bumper and then the addon front lip or are you saying the front lip is 2 peice, cause the levin and sportivo addon are single piece and the ascent and ascent sports "addon" part is 2 peice :blink:

When I say 2 piece I'm talking about left and right piece.

current model jap spec runX one is 2 piece as well. unless u option up the "elegance" kit.

aus sportivo is a one piece.

no the front lip on the preFL levin is a 2 piece. there is a groove down the middle.

I think toyota need to get there parts team trained!!!! <_<

No Luck at Castlehill Toyota Pete???

I cancelled my 2 piece order.

Was going to wait to see what happens with Two Beers car.

1st they gave me a price on the camry sportivo spoilers. then they said $930 for the stivo spolier. not gonna bother there again.

I think toyota need to get there parts team trained!!!! <_<

No Luck at Castlehill Toyota Pete???

I cancelled my 2 piece order.

Was going to wait to see what happens with Two Beers car.

1st they gave me a price on the camry sportivo spoilers. then they said $930 for the stivo spolier. not gonna bother there again.

:lol::lol:

Sorry about the delay guys,

OK, they've finally got it worked out. The 2 part spoiler is def wrong, it is the one that comes std installed from factory on other models. So in order for them to get the right part the guys can't look up the factory parts list on the computer as it doesn't exist. Instead its classified as a "port part" ie apparently the whole body kit is fitted on port in AUS! The part comes as a one piece and is full colour coded to toyota colours. Retails for $515.

Hope this helps everyone who ever needs to get one:-)

quick tricky!

chereo

Two beers

Thats right, the kit is fitted after landing here.

Not sure if the kit comes over with the car or whether its already in stock and waiting for the cars arrival.

Either way, it minimises your skirts being damaged as it would only go on and off a truck once with its kit fitted.

Sorry about the delay guys,

OK, they've finally got it worked out. The 2 part spoiler is def wrong, it is the one that comes std installed from factory on other models. So in order for them to get the right part the guys can't look up the factory parts list on the computer as it doesn't exist. Instead its classified as a "port part" ie apparently the whole body kit is fitted on port in AUS! The part comes as a one piece and is full colour coded to toyota colours. Retails for $515.

Hope this helps everyone who ever needs to get one:-)

quick tricky!

chereo

Two beers

Thanks very much! Which dealership did you go to? Do you have the part number for this "port part"?