TOC DRAGNIGHT : Wicked Wednesdays WSID Dragway (SYDNEY) Next week 22nd March

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

Hey all the Syd Guys,

Went down to WSID last night with a mte from work who drive Astra SRI.

Was hardly anyone there. Few starlets and old lazers and the like and heaps of VT and VL Commos.

IF i had a helmet i would have jumped it has the track temp was down to 26 degrees.

SO next week me and mate in the astra gonna hit the stip and woudl be cool to get soem mroe rollas there.

IF your worried about ur time there were some times run last night near the 20 sec mark so dont worry :P hahaha

The cost is 45 bucks andf you will get around 4 - 7 runs depending on the night.

Heres the rules and the website link

COmon everyone, lets get down there and have a go. :P

http://www.wsid.com.au/MajorEvent.asp?Even...age=Information

• Ensure you bring your current driver’s licence and your current registration papers, or your current ANDRA licence and current ANDRA logbook. You will not be permitted to race without these documents.

• If you intend to compete in a street-registered vehicle which is not registered in your name you must present a statement, written and signed by the registered owner of the vehicle, authorising you, by name, to race the vehicle at Western Sydney International Dragway and specifying the date of the event.

• Cost to enter is $45. This fee covers the driver and two vehicle passes (race vehicle and one other car). Additional adult passes are $15 and may be purchased at time of entry. All other entry purchases must be made through the spectator entrance. No passes can be left at the gate. No additional vehicle passes can be purchased.

• Entries will be taken from 5pm. Racing will commence at 6pm and continue to 10pm. Scrutineering will take place from 5pm through to 7.30pm.

• Each competing vehicle will be entitled to two crew members. Crew members will be required to sign an indemnity and will be issued with wrist bands. This will allow them to accompany the vehicle to the start line area while the vehicle is racing.

• There will only be 200 vehicles permitted per event.

• No tow vehicles will be allowed at any time during the event.

• Each competitor will be entitled to bring two vehicles into the pit area… the race vehicle and one other (eg. The truck on which the race vehicle was brought to the track).

• Competing vehicles must be cars or motorcycles. The only open vehicles that will be allowed to compete are street-registered hot rods. Competition type vehicles such as Modified Eliminator vehicles will not be permitted.

• All competitors must have a civil driver’s licence or an ANDRA licence as well as the current registration papers or ANDRA Log Book pertaining to the competing vehicle.

• If the vehicle runs quicker than 11.99 seconds the driver is required to hold a current ANDRA licence. The motorcycle ET cut-off is 10.50 seconds for an ANDRA licence.

• All vehicles must have an exhaust system with functional mufflers that will ensure the noise level does not exceed 95db.

• Pass-outs will be available but re-entry to the venue will require the pass-out and the cancelled entry ticket.

• Adult spectator passes will cost $15 with no concession. Children under 12 are admitted free.

• Minimum personal protective equipment required for competitors:

o Drivers – long trousers, long sleeve shirt or jacket, enclosed shoes and an approved crash helmet;

o Motorcycle riders – long pants, motorcycle approved jacket, gloves, boots and an approved crash helmet.

Grounds for disqualification:

• Taking short cuts through or across the pit area to rejoin staging lanes.

• Removing your helmet before you have left the racing surface and braking area.

• Using a mobile phone while on the racing surface, braking area or return road. Carrying a mobile phone in the vehicle to be raced is prohibited.

• Failing to observe established speed limits within the venue. A speed limit of 20 kmh is to be observed on the return road and a limit of 10 kmh is to be observed in all other areas within the venue.

Please note:

• Smoking is not permitted in the staging lanes or anywhere near the start line area.

• Open shoes (eg. thongs and sandals) and sleeveless tops are not permitted on or near the start line area.

Edited by SyxXPaC

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toymods are already heading out and I was thinking of going along with them. Post in their thread at www.toymods.net (cruises and events section) and if they get enough interest they will arrange a staging lane full of Toyotas :)

word of warning though that Street Commos are planning on going that night too (you in Justin?) so might pay to get there early ;)

im semi keen ...

wouldnt prefer even cooler weather ...

trade off though .. coz in winter there will be less rain free days .. but nice cold air

Comon egg its just a few runs then we can do it again in winter

im semi keen ...

trade off though .. coz in winter there will be less rain free days .. but nice cold air

just need a helmet then ...

ohh .. and permission

im semi keen ...

just need a helmet then ...

ohh .. and permission

That-Is-Great_Horray.jpg

hahaha im gonan try and source a few helmets for ppl. You need one at least for a motor bike

do you knwo anyoen who rides a motorbike??

hmmm yes .. but wont be able to get it off them in time for next wed ... maybe the week after ...

do they do this every wednesday ????

can we borrow helmets ..

or are they like $50 to buy ??????

Does an 80's bright yellow stack hat count??? .. I got one of them ... :P

lol, not quite. if you running 10.99 or higher you can get away with a open face helmet. like a matt black bike helmet the badass bikie gangs wear. *considers it* my dad has a helmet or two lying around...

I dunno tho... my car is still pretty new :P getting a bit excited on the street is one thing but paying to do it properly is another.

can we borrow helmets ..

lol, not quite. if you running 10.99 or higher you can get away with a open face helmet. like a matt black bike helmet the badass bikie gangs wear. *considers it* my dad has a helmet or two lying around...

I dunno tho... my car is still pretty new :P getting a bit excited on the street is one thing but paying to do it properly is another.

Jeremy do i sense your a tad worried Scared of the 1ZZ perhaps?? :P :P

Nar comon man its fun you dont have to thrash it that hard and its all good fun. No need to worry about the cops

Hey Egg i got a spare for you. Dont worry about the helmet

can we borrow helmets ..

Jeremy do i sense your a tad worried Scared of the 1ZZ perhaps?? :P :P

Nar comon man its fun you dont have to thrash it that hard and its all good fun. No need to worry about the cops

Hey Egg i got a spare for you. Dont worry about the helmet

sweet .. just got to work on the permission ....

FYI ,.. i hope it fits my fat head

I'm in to have a go with the other stock or near stock rolla's and other hatches :) i'll show you Toyota ppl how to drive hehe

This is my mate with the Astra SRI

He said he can whop our corollas. Even our modified sportivos hahaha

Edited by SyxXPaC

I'm in to have a go with the other stock or near stock rolla's and other hatches :) i'll show you Toyota ppl how to drive hehe

This is my mate with the Astra SRI

He said he can whop our corollas. Even our modified sportivos hahaha

sorry bill, never said that...i'm just smart enough to spend the money in the right area...hehehe

i'm leaving the sportivo's to a more even match like an SRiT or at least an SRi with an exhaust

Arrite arrite enough trash talk already !!

Bill, answer some Q's for us will ya ? I'm sure other's would like to know the answers to these. Could not be buggered surfing the WSID site ..

* How long will the night go for ? Start / end

* Is it only on Wed nights ?

* $45 for unlimited runs ? Yup looks like it

* I am guessing that there is a lot of waiting around

* Any idea how much a helmet costs to buy ?

* Just a normal driving license required ?

Edited by Les

Arrite arrite enough trash talk already !!

Bill, answer some Q's for us will ya ? I'm sure other's would like to know the answers to these. Could not be buggered surfing the WSID site ..

* Is it only on Wed nights ?

half the answers are on the 1st post ....

6-10 pm

normal lisence .. with rego papers

get there between 5 - 7:30 to start as soon as you get in. Racign till 10PM

Yes depending on how many cars. At the worst 3 runs

Not really. Last night it looked liek you just drive back around and get in line. and every 25 minutes your back at the starting line.

No Idea. I would go to cash converters and look for an old Motorbike helmet.

* What days is it on ?

Its on every wednesday but we want to go next week 22nd march

Yes just the normal NSW licence and Rego pappers. If rego not in your name you need a letter giving you permission to race from the registered owner.

Edited by SyxXPaC