Sparesbox Current Special Offer

Tony Prodigy

Hi Gents,

Got a notification about a savings deal of up to 35% off if you're interested.

https://www.sparesbox.com.au/?utm_campaign=1942797_2007 - Tax Back %231 (ACTUAL)&utm_medium=email&utm_source=DotMailer&utm_term=header&dm_i=3Q50,15N2L,5N9Q57,43HGE,1

I tried it out and got myself a fuel filter for my Aurion (Z936) for $80 with free shipping. Not too shabby I thought.

Elsewhere on Ebay it's $100 and over. SCA are doing them for around $152 :surprise:and Repco are a bit more again...

Happy hunting people :thumbsup:

Thanks Tony for the update..yes a good deal for the filter, yet again you get the order fingers busy on my hands LOL

Keep Well Keep Safe Mate

KAA

Does look a first rate filter set mate..thanks for the pic's..and yes now to work out how it goes in and hope it is a fairly straightforward procedure

I am sure youtube will have something useful as a guide

Keep Well mate and Good Luck

KAA

I'm angry...

Turns out the Z936 Ryco fuel filter doesn't work with the original sender assembly for a 50 series Aurion. I had to find out the hard way unfortunately. The filter section on the Ryco is too short to allow the base clips holding the pump to actually mate up and click into each other. ARRGGHH !!!

Wasted like 2 hrs finding this out. Despite the website saying that the Z936 fits the 50 series, It's actually wrong so please whoever has a 50 series Aurion DO NOT buy a Ryco Z936 because it won't work.

If the Z936 doesn't work for my car, I wonder which car it's actually for ???

I will never trust those stupid fitment guides on websites anymore. 

I have sent Sparesbox a return - refund- exchange message and let's wait and see what they say.

We live and learn I guess, with a few expletives along the way..

20200719_105020.jpg

20200719_105052.jpg

20200719_115802.jpg

• Sad 1

Damn Tony..what a lot of work for no outcome, I am sure they will refund..but yes if it doesn't fit the 50 series what does it fit??..and from the pic's it get's nowhere near clipping on the base..Let us know of any reply you get mate

Keep Safe

KAA

Looks like you did clean the pick up screen as shown in this YouTube video. At least the 2 hours would not have been totally wasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLDNQh0nYU0 

Hope I do not run into the same issue when I get around to replacing the fuel filter on my 40 series Aurion.

12 hours ago, campbeam said:

Looks like you did clean the pick up screen

Nice pick up there Ash. The innards were black. I used brake cleaner to push all the crud out and it's as clean as I could get it. At least some of the time wasn't wasted, you're right, but a damn frustrating thing to have to go through.

I doubt you'll have any issue with the 40 part. It seems the 50 series car is sometimes confused with the 40 and perhaps other makes.

15 hours ago, KAA said:

if it doesn't fit the 50 series what does it fit??.

Precisely Robert. It kinda looks like the Aurion assembly but the filter section is totally wrong.

If you look at the Ryco website  for Aurion "filters" selection both 40 and 50 have all their respective filters listed except for the 50's fuel filter where it's actually blank for some reason.  https://www.rycofilters.com.au/Search/SearchResult?make=TOYOTA&model=AURION&year=2012&liter=

That should've raised the alarm bell for me but never thought much of as the Genius sellers with their fancy "Fitment Guide" seem to know better.

I'm suspecting that either the Z936 belongs to another make of Toyota, perhaps Camry ??, or they just got the design horribly wrong.

I too will be keen to find out.

Edited by Tony Prodigy
** 40 and 50 typo

49 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Precisely Robert. It kinda looks like the Aurion assembly but the filter section is totally wrong.

If you look at the Ryco website  for Aurion "filters" selection both 40 and 40 have all their respective filters listed except for the 50's fuel filter where it's actually blank for some reason.  https://www.rycofilters.com.au/Search/SearchResult?make=TOYOTA&model=AURION&year=2012&liter=

That should've raised the alarm bell for me but never thought much of as the Genius sellers with their fancy "Fitment Guide" seem to know better.

I'm suspecting that either the Z936 belongs to another make of Toyota, perhaps Camry ??, or they just got the design horribly wrong.

I too will be keen to find out.

That aligns with my thinking that there must have been enough feedback to Ryco that they have now changed their current fitment guide for the Aurion 50 series to blank. A lot of sellers must still be using an outdated fitment guide. 

Ryco catalogue shows Z936 for the ASV50R Camry with the 2.5 litre engine. Just guessing but I would not be surprised that the fuel pump in the Aurion is larger/longer which your photos appear to indicate.

15 hours ago, KAA said:

if it doesn't fit the 50 series what does it fit??.

4 minutes ago, campbeam said:

That aligns with my thinking that there must have been enough feedback to Ryco that they have now changed their current fitment guide for the Aurion 50 series to blank. A lot of sellers must still be using an outdated fitment guide. 

Ryco catalogue shows Z936 for the ASV50R Camry with the 2.5 litre engine. Just guessing but I would not be surprised that the fuel pump in the Aurion is larger/longer which your photos appear to indicate.

That makes sense. I will never trust so called "fitment guides" again. Better to send a message to the seller and confirm instead.

I wonder if there are any Camry owners that can lend some advice..

On 7/19/2020 at 5:21 PM, campbeam said:

Looks like you did clean the pick up screen as shown in this YouTube video. At least the 2 hours would not have been totally wasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLDNQh0nYU0 

Hope I do not run into the same issue when I get around to replacing the fuel filter on my 40 series Aurion.

My apologies but I thought I had no before shots showing the blackened pick up screen. Had another look and here they are. Before and after shots.

Next time I have it out, I'll give the screen another hit.

20200719_101429.jpg

20200719_102201.jpg

20200719_103838.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Thanks 1