2013 Camry Atara R Headlight advise

TONEDEAF2

Hi, I would like to hear from someone who owns the same car for some advise

Ive only had the car a few months, and only driving around Brisbane and main highways so haven't really had a chance to check out the headlight beam fully.

When the borders open I planning on visiting me sister and kids in Wollongong NSW.

I would like to know, if I  put, say, new white light headlight bulbs, are you able to see further and clearer, or are the stock ones adequate  for ling night trips?

I

On 10/21/2020 at 1:56 PM, TONEDEAF2 said:

Ive only had the car a few months, and only driving around Brisbane and main highways so haven't really had a chance to check out the headlight beam fully.

When the borders open I planning on visiting me sister and kids in Wollongong NSW.

I would like to know, if I  put, say, new white light headlight bulbs, are you able to see further and clearer, or are the stock ones adequate  for ling night trips?

I

@matt36415 This member lives in country NSW and does a lot of night driving. 

On 10/21/2020 at 2:56 PM, TONEDEAF2 said:

I

To be honest, I wouldn't mess with the stock headlights. Toyota make excellent headlights and I think they are more than adequate with the low and high beams. The only thing you'll do with those white lights would be to annoy the heck out of oncoming drivers by sending them blind with the outright brightness. My aurion has ordinary Halogen lights and they are very strong. More than enough lighting for general night driving.

If you are travelling on those B roads where there is no lighting, I'd suggest installing an LED light bar as Ashley mentioned. You need all the light you can get on those dark roads.

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

• Like 1