VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor Location

SA22C-RX

Howdy Fellahs. Got a good one for y'all. Does anyone know exactly which sensor is the VSS on the 2014 Aurions? 

I've got code p0500 coming up. 

I'm pretty sure there is a sensor on each wheel hub if I'm not mistaken? 

I think there's an ABS/VSS sensor located on all fours but one is the main one for the Vehicles speed? 

I've checked on top of the transmission where its known to be sometimes but there's just a bung in mine, so it's not there.  

I've searched the net and cannot seem to find its location =] 

Yeah but I'm sure you don't have to open the transmission to access the sensor? If so. No way I'm replacing it lol. I looked on top top there where i "thought" it should be and mine just has a bung there. Thanks for the info campbeam, always helpful. 

Alright I see exactly where it is now on the pictures. 👍. If I can manage to spot it on the car, you should be able to just unbolt and replace, I hope...

1 hour ago, SA22C-RX said:

Alright I see exactly where it is now on the pictures. 👍. If I can manage to spot it on the car, you should be able to just unbolt and replace, I hope...

The only way that you will spot it on the Aurion is to drop the transmission pan then unbolt the valve body. Following post by Tony with photos will give you a better understanding. The U660E transmission is very different from the transmission in the 4 cylinder Camry where the VSS is bolted onto the external transmission case. As mentioned in an internet post which I know that you have looked at, they recommend inspecting the wiring and connections.

Yeah so those pics you sent me are the internals of the transmission. That's a monster job. F that. I can only hope it doesn't completely bung out or interfere with anything. So far so good. But it's early days. Code popped up 2 days ago. Cleared it. Drove normal for a day. Then today gave it a hit and it popped up again straight away. 

**** to not have access to it externally and it be easily accessible.

Better stop putting my foot down so much. 65 thousand kms and I've already replaced the engine mounts, now a sensor inside the gearbox. F me. Give me back my gsv40. I know it's the same drive train but still, had no issues with the gsv40's 😂