Tuning Tips

Hey Guys,

I took my car to Revzone in Nunawading a while ago to install and tune my eManage, but not sure if they've given it a good tune or not (they said they're used to F/I cars only). I've attached my dyno sheet for reference. It's from a hub-dyno.

Not much of a gain, although I've verified through my mechanic that the ignition timing has been advanced. The car is running on BP Ultimate. Mods are CAI, 4-2-1 wildcat extractors, 2.25" exhaust, Sportivo (droopy tip) muffler.

The lighter line is before and the darker line is after the eManage. It looks like the engine is still making power all the way to the redline, but torque is dropping off.

Is there anyway to smoothen out the torque curve, especially in the mid-range, through tuning?

Is this the limit with my mods?

post-591-1143608386_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys,

I took my car to Revzone in Nunawading a while ago to install and tune my eManage, but not sure if they've given it a good tune or not (they said they're used to F/I cars only). I've attached my dyno sheet for reference. It's from a hub-dyno.

Not much of a gain, although I've verified through my mechanic that the ignition timing has been advanced. The car is running on BP Ultimate. Mods are CAI, 4-2-1 wildcat extractors, 2.25" exhaust, Sportivo (droopy tip) muffler.

The lighter line is before and the darker line is after the eManage. It looks like the engine is still making power all the way to the redline, but torque is dropping off.

Is there anyway to smoothen out the torque curve, especially in the mid-range, through tuning?

Is this the limit with my mods?

Your gains seem rather low to me.... rollamods and i fiddled with my ignition map the other weekend before the dyno day and with just adjustments of +1 and +2 in the top end i made an extra 4kw's. Keep in mind this was just us making the adjustment to the ignition map which was all zero'd out and taking if for a drive to make sure there was no knocking or pinging... originally only had my a/f map dyno tuned as my ignition timing was playing up at the time ...

Has you tuner used an emanage before??? because with the mods you have listed and proper tuning i would expect at least 10kw gains.

Do you have you .GSC file of you tune??? if so send it to me cause i would be very interested to have a look at the maps they have tuned...

Edited by MAP81

Seems a bit liniar to me should be better gains at different RPM.

The timing and the right tune of extractors should give you more Torque,

The better breathing and fuel curve should give you KW……from what I know.

Have a look at mine on the Camry page

The guys I used have done many eManages, but on turbo cars only, which is half the problem I reckon... it really does look like they haven't done much to the car... the slopes of the power curves are identical with only a small bump at around 4k rpm...

No .gsc file unfortunately...

With 96.5kW on a hub dyno, we're probably talking 110-115kW at the fly? So what power should I be aiming at with my mods?

Anyway, the purpose of this was to figure out whether it was worth taking my car to another tuner, so I guess the answer is YES!