Central locking issue

Hey there, I’ve got a 2004 Toyota Corolla sportivo when I press the remote to unlock the car it doesn’t work even tho the battery in the key is brand new and when I try to unlock the driver door only the driver door unlocks, any suggestions to what the problem is and how it can be fixed thanks 

• 3 months later...

Have you always had this issue? I bought a second hand '05 tivo today in which the remote central locking wasn't working (not sure when battery was replaced). I then proceeded to try and lock it manually, but it was so stiff I thought I had the wrong key for a second! I eventually got it to work manually. Just needed some extra force was all, but not too much to snap the key in half whilst in keyhole. I guess the keyhole was stiff due to not being used for a very long time...

On 3/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, Moey04 said:

when I try to unlock the driver door only the driver door unlocks

This needs more clarification, but if I understand what you're saying, do you mean unlocking with the physical key ? I don't think by turning the driver's door lock will actuate the rest of them. This is done via the key fob. 

Pry apart the key fob and clean the contact points on the PCB with a pencil rubber. There may be grime or dirt preventing good transmission of the signal. If you also have some rubbing alcohol, use this too.

If this doesn't fix it, then you may need to investigate the door mechanisms as suggested above.

19 hours ago, charlizetivo said:

Have you always had this issue? I bought a second hand '05 tivo today in which the remote central locking wasn't working (not sure when battery was replaced). I then proceeded to try and lock it manually, but it was so stiff I thought I had the wrong key for a second! I eventually got it to work manually. Just needed some extra force was all, but not too much to snap the key in half whilst in keyhole. I guess the keyhole was stiff due to not being used for a very long time...

Ok, just updating my own response here in case. I brought my keys to Mister Minit today. Battery was not an issue. It was the actual remote inside my key. They offered to make a custom key fob for me. I said no. Now I just need to source out an OEM sportivo remote.......

5 minutes ago, charlizetivo said:

Ok, just updating my own response here in case. I brought my keys to Mister Minit today. Battery was not an issue. It was the actual remote inside my key. They offered to make a custom key fob for me. I said no. Now I just need to source out an OEM sportivo remote.......

Did they actually tell you why it doesn't work ? Did you try the cleaning method i explained earlier first ??

Typically remotes last a very long time, but over time they can become manky and grimy and the contacts inside get dirty. I think once you find out what an OEM key fob costs, you'll be back for that custom one lol..

Did not try the cleaning method, I just assumed remote died. Went to another Mister Minit store, he explained that my only option is to buy a custom key fob with a new remote with cut key to match. He then stated that he will program it to my car for free. 

6 hours ago, charlizetivo said:

Mister Minit store, he explained that my only option is to buy a custom key fob with a new remote with cut key to match. He then stated that he will program it to my car for free. 

Of course he'd love to sell you something. I offered you free advice in a hope you could avoid this and save you from wasting money unnecessarily. 
Remotes don't just die. Either the battery fails, which is cheap enough to replace or it needs cleaning or it's been dropped and damaged. If you take care of something it will last much longer than you think.

Programming only takes 5 minutes just so you know.