2011 Hilux radio swap

brickpaver

I have a 2011 Hilux dual cab with the standard cd radio with Bluetooth but for some reason a couple of the bluetooth features have stopped working,.......the phone won't 'pick up', which means I can't answer any calls and on the odd time that I can get my iphone music library to actually play through the car audio system,..the mp3 details,..the artist or song title won't show.

Every Bluetooth feature used to work but now despite my forever having to try and re- 'pair' the phone to the vehicle....the best I can achieve is my iphone song list playing,.....SOMEtimes.

My question then is,...will a Toyota cd/radio with Bluetooth,..from a later model hilux go in to my 2011 model,..hopefully using the same wiring connections and as a bonus, would the 2011 steering wheel controls adapt and work with a later model radio.

It is if course double din size so if I needed to go to another brand of radio with bluetooth and therefore lose my steering wheel controls,...I would have to accept that,...but I would still prefer to fit  a Toyota unit if possible,.......OR,....possibly what is  'wrong' with my present unit because I can not find a user manual for this model anywhere on the net.

Hope that someone can help.

Cheers,...Lance S.