Auto lock doors when in gear 2009 grande

Blackpanther

Is there a way to set the doors to automatically lock when the car is put into gear? We had an old commodore that did but could be turned off, I would assume that the kluger would have a feature like this that could be turned on for safety?

I am pretty sure the Kluger had this option, but you'd need to speak to Toyota first. They will need to hook up their scan tool to interrogate the settings most other scan tools can't. Just call them and ask. 

21 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

Not sure about Kluger but go through the menu on the dash when parked.

It is possibly in the head unit settings, but not sure if it was applied to the 09 models. I have heard such a setting can be found in the later series, but hopefully the OP can shed some more light as investigates and update us to.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 8:33 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

It is possibly in the head unit settings, but not sure if it was applied to the 09 models. I have heard such a setting can be found in the later series, but hopefully the OP can shed some more light as investigates and update us to.

I've just bought the 2021 Kluger Grande Hybrid, and it's still missing, even though it's been in the US Highlander and many other Toyota models for years. My guess is it's just disabled, and can be re-enabled by the service department using onboard diagnostics (OBD). I'll certainly be asking, and will be really annoyed if there's a charge to turn it back on. 

Here's a screenshot of a Toyota (Camry 2017?) that has it:764742824_Screenshot2021-07-31092949.thumb.png.50bd06ef0fbf04b86ec2eb10cf903d63.png

and here's the 2017 YouTube video where I found it:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just about to take my 2021 Kluger Grande Hybrid up to Castle Hill Toyota for the complimentary inspection, and will ask for two config changes via OBD:

1. Turn off the power rear door warning beep
  2. Lock doors when moving from P to D and visa versa.

Will Toyota know what I'm talking about and if so will I be changed for this change? Stay tuned. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gregory said:

I'm just about to take my 2021 Kluger Grande Hybrid up to Castle Hill Toyota for the complimentary inspection, and will ask for two config changes via OBD:

1. Turn off the power rear door warning beep
  2. Lock doors when moving from P to D and visa versa.

Will Toyota know what I'm talking about and if so will I be changed for this change? Stay tuned. 

I'm sure they will know what to do and should not charge for this. If they do we can shame them here for you.

• Like 1

Castle Hill Toyota told me that automatically locking doors when moving from P to D and visa versa was not configurable by the service department.

Turning off the chirping rear door when opening or closing was configured. A single chirp still occurs when opening or closing, but the regular chirp for the duration of the door movement has gone.

12 hours ago, Sir Gregory said:

Castle Hill Toyota told me that automatically locking doors when moving from P to D and visa versa was not configurable by the service department.

I find that ludicrous. My 2012 Aurion has it. Why would they take such a feature option away ?. It doesn't sound right at all. A Kluger Grande should have all the bells and whistle you'd think.

Is it perhaps because it's a hybrid and they don't want any "locking" feature at all in case if the batteries catch fire and potentially compromises egress from the vehicle ?? That's all I can think of, not to be an alarmist, I'm sure it wouldn't as it's Toyota quality. This could be the case and Toyota aren't allowed to mention this specifically so not to frighten off customers.

Edited by Tony Prodigy

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I find that ludicrous. My 2012 Aurion has it. Why would they take such a feature option away. It doesn't sound right at all. A Kluger Grande should have all the bells and whistle you'd think.

Is it perhaps because it's a hybrid and they don't want any "locking" feature at all in case if the batteries catch fire and potentially compromises egress from the vehicle ?? That's all I can think off, not to be an alarmist mind you, I'm sure it wouldn't as it's Toyota quality. This could be the case and Toyota aren't allowed to mention this specifically so not to frighten off customers.

It's a possibility. Are there any 2021 Kluger non-hybrid owners out there who have been able to get this feature enabled?

• 2 months later...