External Rear view mirrors

Jex

My 2006 SR dual cab does not have electric rear view mirrors, does anyone know if the SR  wiring loom has the necessary cables/plugs for electric mirrors ? In the user manual it says the SR has electric mirrors but this one doesn't, it must have been an option.

Mine didnt have them also mate, I,m pretty sure but dont quote me they became standard fitment along with cruise control in the early to mid part of 2017 when they obtained the slight facelift in regards to the front bar, cheers mate

Same here. I drove a 2005 SR dual cab for 3 or so years and it had manual adjust mirrors. I believe you had to have an SR5 for that privilege. Toyota were very frugal with standard extras during that time because they could get away with it due to the popularity the Hilux's had over the rest of the competition. So they weren't compelled to offer too many niceties to "keep up" with the rest. Different story these days though..

Thanks guys, checking the loom was my next move if nobody has done it before. If the SR5 had them I thought it may have shared a  common loom and the plugs for mirrors & control panel were there but not utilized ?

8 hours ago, Jex said:

If the SR5 had them I thought it may have shared a  common loom and the plugs for mirrors & control panel were there but not utilized ?

You would think so, but nothing surprises me about car manufacturers when the bean counters have the last say.

You can be the Pioneer. Please post up some pics of your findings. I hope it works out for you. Fingers crossed mate :thumbsup: