300 series GR

MCMLXVI

Pretty bold styling. Not sure why they placed a gutter right in the middel of the bonnet though. Looks very odd. A bonnet buldge would've looked much better.

I imagine it drove really nice. No more V8 eh ? Are they V6 now ?

The Gutter on the bonnet was to help in the over the bonnet visibility. it helps a little to actually see over the bonnet, but not by much.

The engine is a 3.3L V6 twin turbo diesel.

We test drove the VX yesterday and it was so sweet.  I was very surprised at the responsiveness of the engine an pickup.  The interior has been totally redesign and I cant fault it.

We were very impressed, so much, that we decided to buy the GR Sport as our last splash.  Only issue is that it wont be available until Aug, 2022...DOH,

• Like 1

Sounds promising with the new donk. Twin turbo V6 should be more than enough power so I don't know what the V8 die hards are crying about. Why do you need a V8 turbo diesel anyway ?  it's much more heavier, more thirsty, more expensive to service and maintain etc etc..
I think Toyota did the right thing with dropping the V8 and going with a much more technologically advanced V6.

Congrats on your new purchase too. I am genuinely happy for you. I hope it provides you with years of safe and memorable experiences. Unfortunately, the orders are back logged due to the CCP virus which has affected supply chains. I look forward to the post where you have just picked it up. When you do, please post up some pics for us all.

Cheers :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The huge gutter in the centre of the bonnet / hood is so you can see where you're going 🤣 Thems a very big & expensive truck, I could never afford one & personally rather my go-cart HachiRoku ;)

• 4 weeks later...