Finally took my car to the track (56k beware)

The track day was organise by Autosprt, a group that are into motorsport. We had 60 people attend, there were 15 EVO's and other cars range from a Porsche GT3, Exige turbo, GTR, M3, M6, various V8's, XR6T, Integra type R turbo, Cliosport (supercharge) & various wrx's & forresters.

I was going to bring my STI down, but in the last min i decide to bring my Sportivo to give it abit of a test against those tough track car. btw my sportivo is stock as a rock with 0 mods.

The first session i was very disapointed with the car, it just keep understeel and very hard to control the throttle, it just keep on wheel spinning when existing out of the corner.

In the afternoon session, i try a different approach. This time i didnt turn the wheel as much and just let it slide out of the corner. This automatically reduce heaps of understeel and even use more of the track. With the throttle, i didnt step on the gas as much as the first session. Just trying to make it smooth going out of the corner. Being a fwd car, controlling the throttle is alot harder. where as my STI is a 4wd i can just step on the gas and get full traction.

Overall i had a excellent day, i actually enjoy bringing out the Sportivo rather than my STI. I definitly gain alot from this track day and want to do it again soon. For all those people who havent been to the track. Come and have a go, you will definitly love it. There is no point modding the car and saying how great it handle on the street, the track will determine how the car will handle.

Here are some pics

rpm.jpg

m6.jpg

eat22b.jpg

evovslotous.jpg

DSC_5207.jpg

I assume that guy with the Exige is the dude from Albian Park that has the workshop with a couple of 2ZZs on engine stands to go... :D

Thats him with that Orange Exige, didn't know he turboed that sucker!! :blink: 2ZZGE + Turbo + Mid-Engine RWD = SuperCar!!

He owns Southern Motor Works at Albion Park Rail.

Nice pics btw sub11z, Wake field Park is an awesome track and i agree its one of the best way to learn how to drive on the limit for an affordable price (about $100). No speeding tickets, no trees or poles to crash into :D

The Exige is Jason from southern motorwork. Jason is a top bloke and a great turner. He has develop some monster wrx with well over 300kw+.

I stole some of the info on his Exige

Bellow are some Dyno runs of development along the way.

The first run is car as delivered from the factory

The second run is their 1933cc stroked engine with ported head (standard ECU)

The third run is standard Exige with the Turbo kit bolted on running standard engine and compression and Motec ECU.

The Final run is the Exige with 1933cc engine, Turbo'd, ported head

All Dyno runs are using Shell Optimax pump fuel, and both turbo graphs are running 9psi only.

LotusKW.jpg

LotusNM.jpg

I love the idea of increased displacement and ported head :D

Jason drove my Stivo once when i payed him a visit a while ago, i was trying to get him to diagnose the "sticky shift" issue i had. Would have loved to have sat in his Exige for a run though.. B)

I have video footage of jason in that lotus burnin up a local mountain on a hill climb day all these guys had in my area........woooooooooooooooa is all i can say!!!

when i finally get the moolah i wanna get my car n/a tuned there