Demerit Points Help - NSW license booked in QLD

What happens if you hold a NSW license and are booked (on the spot by a copper) in Queensland ?

How does the demerit point system work in this case ?

NO not me ... :shock:

when i got done at the start of the year going to melbourne i thought i wasnt goona loose any point but cop the fine, but that wasnt the case ehahea argh!!! HMmmpfff>.... WOoOOOoSaaa WoOOOOsaaa

when i got done at the start of the year going to melbourne i thought i wasnt goona loose any point but cop the fine, but that wasnt the case ehahea argh!!! HMmmpfff>.... WOoOOOoSaaa WoOOOOsaaa

u might be lucky i was booked in SA two years ago on a VIC licence and never lost a point. just ring the RTA and find out what your points are,if they are the same as b4 u should be fine. wait 4 at least 6 to 8 weeks after fine has been paid though.

all the best,

lauschie

the system is a little dodgy...

you should lose points and a fine but then who knows....

I remember the urban myth of

1. Pay an extra $1 on your fine - due the discrepancy, they cant process it and you wont lose points.

2. Dont pay the fine, and wait for it to go the state debt recovery office, then pay the fine with whatever interest they slap on top. Because the fine is now at the state debt recovery, they only care about the money, and points dont get taken off.

Any of the above still true?

I know this one works.

Driver a company car, get booked, have the fine sent to work, work pays, you pay work back, no one loses any points - Happened to my boss. LOL

1. Pay an extra $1 on your fine - due the discrepancy, they cant process it and you wont lose points.

2. Dont pay the fine, and wait for it to go the state debt recovery office, then pay the fine with whatever interest they slap on top. Because the fine is now at the state debt recovery, they only care about the money, and points dont get taken off.

I know this one works.

Driver a company car, get booked, have the fine sent to work, work pays, you pay work back, no one loses any points - Happened to my boss. LOL

those urbam myths are exactly that ... myths ..

I know this one works.

those urbam myths are exactly that ... myths ..

You can log onto RTA website and check your points .. type in ur licence number

My friend did step #1, pay an extra dollar so they couldnt deduct any points off him, it sorta worked to a certain degree, didnt stop him losing points, but it did stop him from losing his licence.

This is what happened,

He had one point left on his P plates, he coped a neg driving (3 points), he paid the fine, paid extra

6 months later he recieved a letter telling him to go get his full licence (this was before the green/red P thing came in play for NSW).

He gets his full license, 1 month later the 3 points that should have been deducted 7 months ago, gets deducted now, so he never lost his licence.

The same mate also had a joke played on him by the person over the counter @ the RTA a year later.

He asked how many points he had left on his licence (as he knew he copped a few fines), the person over the counter says

"You have 8 points" and pauses, my friend starts smiling and is really happy cos he thought he had less than that.

The person then finishes off the sentence after waiting for this reaction with the words "Taken off"

Then my mates face scrunches up, and im next to him cracking up. :lol:

Edited by neK