W00t just installed my new sideskirts

I just got my sideskirts delivery from Toyota spares today and just installed them.

All I can say is wow the car looks heaps better with these on. It compliments the spoiler for the car and gives it a more of a racey look. Looks much more better than the normal stocks.

So for all those people thinking about sideskirts stop being tight and go out and get them there worth it :D

Before:

sidebeforesmall.jpg

After:

sideaftersmall.jpg

Now the next project a front lip ;)

I actually installed it myself.

I was thinking about bringing it into a panel beater because the set came with no instructions at all (dam Toyota <_< ) just the clips, screws and grommet things so I thought I might as well try.

Its actually prity straight forward to install once you know how.

The first skirt took me about 2 hours in total only because I questioned myself, "why does this go here, what happends when I put that there, what happends when I move this".

The second one only took me about 20 minutes :)

I actually installed it myself.

I was thinking about bringing it into a panel beater because the set came with no instructions at all (dam Toyota <_< ) just the clips, screws and grommet things so I thought I might as well try.

Its actually prity straight forward to install once you know how.

The first skirt took me about 2 hours in total only because I questioned myself, "why does this go here, what happends when I put that there, what happends when I move this".

The second one only took me about 20 minutes :)

Well done in that time frame.

So the skirts came prepainted??

Well done in that time frame.

So the skirts came prepainted??

Yep prepainted from Toyota. It cost a bit more but I rather pay for the convienience than running around spray places getting quotes. :)

Looks great! But I'm gonna be picky and tell you to do it again... :D

Is that edge supposed to show?

You can see it below the doorline, and above the sideskirt.

yip it is! that edge is at an angle anyway and the skirt cant come up anymore. check any stivo

how much did you pay ???

I paid $698 for the painted sets.

A bit steep but I didnt want to muck around getting quotes for sprays. Penrith and Blacktown Spares quoted me unpainted for around $430 so I thought ill pay the extra $270 for the convenience.

Is that edge supposed to show?

You can see it below the doorline, and above the sideskirt.

I hope its susposed to show! :o

With the skirts I pulled them up all the way they wount go any higher. Probably cuz the cars white it more noticable than the black ones.

Edit: Checked some other sportivo in the garage section like Corzza said yep its normal phew! :)

(mick0082)

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...e=garage&id=181

Edited by Saiya

they do look good mate!

i want some side skirts even more now!!

me too... but that would i need to rear and front skirts too.

Dont have that much money to blow.

Seen a corolla sedan with side and front skirts, but no rear skirts.... looks like a theres a huge chunk of the car missing. :lol:

The hatches actually look better without a rear skirt.

could u fit the gromits (3) directly below the side skirts 0_0 ? i had trouble fitting them on, and in the end i was cbfed <_< ? How did u get them on?

could u fit the gromits (3) directly below the side skirts 0_0 ? i had trouble fitting them on, and in the end i was cbfed <_< ? How did u get them on?

Yeah mine wouln't grab at all.

It looks like the skirt is too thick or the gromets arnt long enough to go all the way though to hold onto the body.

I ended up buying some of this super double sided tape and put it all along the bottom of the skirt. Checked this morning and its holding on very strong.

Looks like its the same stuff that Toyota uses for top section of the skirt and there weathershields.

PICT0028.JPG

PICT0029.JPG

:lol: taht's exactly what i did two nights ago!! >_< except i forgot to fasten the bottom bits :( ...so if i wanted to do that now, i gotta rip off the 3m sticky bits, but i reckon it'll be ok :D good job with the install!! Front lip next, huh? have u tried wreckers?

:lol: taht's exactly what i did two nights ago!! >_< except i forgot to fasten the bottom bits :( ...so if i wanted to do that now, i gotta rip off the 3m sticky bits, but i reckon it'll be ok :D good job with the install!! Front lip next, huh? have u tried wreckers?

You should be alright. The top tape that came with the skirts is surprisingly strong so you should be fine, not much of a difference as the screws on either side of the skirt does much of the holding. The tape I think is only there to provide a little support and stop water going though.

Yep front lip next ;)

I wanted to get one when I got my skirts but the problem is when I asked them if it was the facelifted lip they didnt know. If it was the prefacelifted delivered I wouldnt be able to get a refund :(

They said its my responsibility to research the right part <_< Somtimes I dont think even Toyota knows what parts they have. :blink:

Hrmmzz....i had dramas with the sticky tape stuff - it frikkin' rained 2days after i put them on :angry: and it started to peel off :o - also i checked the tightness of the bolts after a couple of days and they sort of rattled loose <_< ...*so that's what the rubbery thingy gizmo gadgets are for :unsure: *

she's missing a rear spoiler, but i dont' really think i wanna put it on - so it's STILL up for grabs :P - i saw a whole front bumper from a stivo 05-06 on ebay before? or why not buy those front spoiler tips for sale?

post-1310-1146205830.jpg

Hrmmzz....i had dramas with the sticky tape stuff - it frikkin' rained 2days after i put them on :angry: and it started to peel off :o - also i checked the tightness of the bolts after a couple of days and they sort of rattled loose <_< ...*so that's what the rubbery thingy gizmo gadgets are for :unsure: *

she's missing a rear spoiler, but i dont' really think i wanna put it on - so it's STILL up for grabs :P - i saw a whole front bumper from a stivo 05-06 on ebay before? or why not buy those front spoiler tips for sale?

Lookin good dude! :D

Rubbery things? I dont think I got any of those :ph34r:

The top two rows of gromets I didnt use cuz the car already had it on it, the third row I used them to plug what looked like drain holes but still had some left over, and all the clips and screws were used.

The one on eBay is only for the front bumper it doesent include the front skirt :(

Just paint the repaint mudflaps and its complete! :D

Great work btw!

Hey thats a good idea! :D

I might just do that! ;)

post-1777-1146208987.jpg

Rubbery things? I dont think I got any of those :ph34r:

The top two rows of gromets I didnt use cuz the car already had it on it, the third row I used them to plug what looked like drain holes but still had some left over, and all the clips and screws were used.

The one on eBay is only for the front bumper it doesent include the front skirt :(

So THAT's what those plug thingos are for...the drain holes? when i redid the sideskirts the other night, there was so a fair bit of mud and muck stuck undernieth the sideskirts <_< hopefully with the new stickier 3m stuff it should look pretty flush :D Looking for another set of eyelids, hoepfully the trd style ones, so if anyone is in need of eyelids (used) - so if u wanted black/white, just sand it back and give to the panel beaters and they'll do ur mudgaurds too for $50odd, Pm me ;)