Can any grilles from other Aurion models fit onto a Presara 2009?

socks2807

Hi all, 

Tried my best to do some research but cant find these specific question being answered. I see people buying the mesh grilles from Thailand, but honestly I'm not too much of a fan of them. What I do like are the black Sportivo grilles. Can anyone tell me if the grilles from Sportivos from the same year range as my 2009 Presara would actually fit on my car? From photos the general shape looks very similar, just the actual grille part of the Sportivo one is a bit smaller and has a thicker housing, but would it fit on the Presara? Say I get one online or at a wrecker and do it up, is this possible? The only issue would be getting the colour of the housing part to match the colour of my car, which may make this more trouble than it's worth...

Say I was to order the sports mesh grille, is it the one that says for 2009 Camry? They don't have any Aurion products on their site, here is a link to the Camry one: https://rstyleracing.com/product/หน้ากระจัง-สำหรับรถ-camry-2009-ไม/

I also see this one, which is similar to the Sportivo grille and is fully black: https://rstyleracing.com/product/หน้ากระจัง-งานpp-style-usa-สำหรับร/ . This is pretty much exactly what I want, would this fit on a 2009 Presara?

Additionally, is there anywhere in Australia I can buy these parts, or do I have to order from Thailand still in 2022?

Lastly, has anyone had luck buying a regular chrome Presara Grille and painting it fully black? Are there any photos of results of doing this?

Thanks for any help

Camry and Aurion parts are different both in design and shape. The base car Aurion was designed around the Camry architecture but differs at the front and rear cosmetically, including the interior. Drivetrains were specific only to the Aurion as they were only V6 as you know.

I'm not sure either if the Sportivo grille from the Aurion will fit the Presara in the 40 series, but looking at the lines of the grilles on both I can't see why the two can't be interchanged. I don't think Toyota would've bothered too much to retool a special front bumper/grille treatment just for the Presara. They gave it a fancy chrome grille and figured that would be sufficient. The lines all seem to match up ok.

Take a look at the photos below and study the lines of both grille sections.
The last picture is that of the Chinese version of the Aurion 40 series, although it was marketed as a Camry there. 

PRESARA

Presara.thumb.jpg.181f2f02f922b1016536dff97d28e352.jpg

SPORTIVO

Sportivo.thumb.jpg.ff4662e00f9cfc208b6041f599afb7b9.jpg

CHINESE CAMRY

253963192_ChinaCamry.jpg.f934599fbb0560b260795e85809d43f2.jpg

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Camry and Aurion parts are different both in design and shape. The base car Aurion was designed around the Camry architecture but differs at the front and rear cosmetically, including the interior. Drivetrains were specific only to the Aurion as they were only V6 as you know.

The Aurion was only badged as the Aurion here (and the Middle East I believe, which were exports from here anyway), in most of SE Asia it was the Camry (and the normal Camry wasn't sold there) so parts from Thailand etc are quite likely to suit the Aurion even if the ad says "Camry".

5 hours ago, Hiro said:

The Aurion was only badged as the Aurion here (and the Middle East I believe, which were exports from here anyway), in most of SE Asia it was the Camry (and the normal Camry wasn't sold there) so parts from Thailand etc are quite likely to suit the Aurion even if the ad says "Camry".

This is what I was wondering, in the Aurion FAQ it says for the sport grilles to ask for a “camry sport grille” from that website. So I can go down that route, ordering the Camry ones in my post? It seems that other people used it without issue on an Aurion, and it’s actually fairly cheap, only 40 dollars plus the shipping of course.

Might just go with that if it’s so much easier and it will for sure be able to fit on my car.

edit: just discovered on another thread that the prefacelift and facelift models have slightly different grille shapes. Wikipedia didn’t really help, and there’s conflicting information on when this facelift occurred, some say mid 2009 and some say 2010. Can anyone help me figure out if my 2009 Presara might be a facelift model, or a pre facelift, as if it’s pre facelift I’m hearing I can use the RStyle grilles.

Edited by socks2807
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping, would like a final answer as to which grille from RStyle the FAQ is referring to here:

image.thumb.png.5231fb7eef9f296fb1055bf8f80b2bdd.png

There are two Camry mesh grilles on the RStyle website.

There is the one for a 2007 Camry: https://rstyleracing.com/product/หน้ากระจัง-สำหรับรถ-camry-2007/

And one for a 2009 Camry: https://rstyleracing.com/product/หน้ากระจัง-สำหรับรถ-camry-2009-ไม/ 

The 2009 one in particular I notice actually has different products shown in the photos. The shape is actually totally different between the photos. Which is the one that people were putting on their Aurions 10 years ago? Which should fit a 2009 Aurion? Cheers

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, socks2807 said:

Bumping, would like a final answer as to which grille from RStyle the FAQ is referring to here:

image.thumb.png.5231fb7eef9f296fb1055bf8f80b2bdd.png

There are two Camry mesh grilles on the RStyle website.

There is the one for a 2007 Camry: https://rstyleracing.com/product/หน้ากระจัง-สำหรับรถ-camry-2007/

And one for a 2009 Camry: https://rstyleracing.com/product/หน้ากระจัง-สำหรับรถ-camry-2009-ไม/ 

The 2009 one in particular I notice actually has different products shown in the photos. The shape is actually totally different between the photos. Which is the one that people were putting on their Aurions 10 years ago? Which should fit a 2009 Aurion? Cheers

I'm pretty certain in some old buried threads here that someone mentioned the OG Aurion headlight and bumpers are different (fitting wise) from the face lift models from 2009 onwards. Therefore choose you grills wisely. 

Edited by Speedz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Speedz said:

I'm pretty certain in some old buried threads here that someone mentioned the OG Aurion headlight and bumpers are different (fitting wise) from the face lift models from 2009 onwards. Therefore choose you grills wisely. 

Yeah this is something I was trying to figure out, are all 2009 Aurions this "facelift" version? Or did the facelift occur sometime during 2009, can't remember where but I swear I read that some 2009s are not the facelift.

Something else I was actually trying to work out, some 2009 Presaras up on carsales say they have a subwoofer, and some don't. Does anyone know where this subwoofer would be? How can I tell if I have this upgraded sound system or not? The sound and bass is for sure better than most other cars I hop into, so I suspect I do, but I don't know for certain.

Check your car manual? LOL

If I'm not mistaken all Persara comes with JBL upgraded system? The '8th' speaker are actually tweeters integrated as a 2 way on the parcel shelve. Unfortunately no idea where the subs are, you can find out maybe turn the subs on max and switch off every speakers in the car.

The ghost of DJKor lives on! lol

As for you other question yes facelift models was released in 2009 so naturally pre-facelift models were on the market as well, for a safer bet try look for 2010 models. 

1 minute ago, Speedz said:

Check your car manual? LOL

If I'm not mistaken all Persara comes with JBL upgraded system? The '8th' speaker are actually tweeters integrated as a 2 way on the parcel shelve. Unfortunately no idea where the subs are, you can find out maybe turn the subs on max and switch off every speakers in the car.

The ghost of DJKor lives on! lol

As for you other question yes facelift models was released in 2009 so naturally pre-facelift models were on the market as well, for a safer bet try look for 2010 models. 

Trust me been through all the threads you can possibly link haha. There's nothing in the manual about a sub, and there is also no sub control anywhere. I think if I do have its it just always on with preset settings, and an inbuilt amp somewhere I can't access.

As for the grilles, without being able to tell if my car is a 2009 prefacelift or a 2009 facelift, I guess all I can do is buy a grille from a wrecker and see if it fits. If not, then I know what I need and I'm down 90 bucks, big deal. 

Can't help you with the subs.

But on grills below is the OG 2006

image.thumb.png.b20a386cda14ce1f6d2b33ac60dc772e.png

Below is the facelift 2009+

image.thumb.png.bd57e27c2bfa3d322f44f527e247dd58.png

If your's is a facelift the headlights would have a 'fin' like accents on the side and the rear tail lights will be 'frog lights' vs OG's circular tail lights. 

Edited by Speedz

10 minutes ago, Speedz said:

Can't help you with the subs.

But on grills below is the OG 2008

image.thumb.png.b20a386cda14ce1f6d2b33ac60dc772e.png

Below is the facelift 2009+

image.thumb.png.bd57e27c2bfa3d322f44f527e247dd58.png

If your's is a facelift the headlights would have a 'fin' like accents on the side and the rear tail lights will be 'frog lights' vs OG's circular tail lights. 

Okay yeah looking at that mine is 200% the facelift then. Of course the grilles look different, but do you think the basic shape has actually changed at all? Looks like it maybe has. I don't think even a 2009 sportivo grille would work actually, I may need to move up to a 2010 then.

Looking at the 2009 sportivo grille:

image.png.00b790773f628cf1b3a83678f4cb15df.png

Vs the 2010:

image.png.7640156e86313edbdd3e500034477ff9.png

The 2010 grille seems to come closer to the headlights the same way the 2009 facelift presara grille does. Maybe I'm stuck looking in that small age bracket before the 50s came out.

The Black Sportivo is a pre-facelift model you attached below. The 2010 is a post-facelift.

I don't recall anywhere the facelift grill fits the OG bumpers and headlight housing, you may need buy all 3 for OEM fitment. 

11 minutes ago, socks2807 said:

Okay yeah looking at that mine is 200% the facelift then. Of course the grilles look different, but do you think the basic shape has actually changed at all? Looks like it maybe has. I don't think even a 2009 sportivo grille would work actually, I may need to move up to a 2010 then.

Looking at the 2009 sportivo grille:

image.png.00b790773f628cf1b3a83678f4cb15df.png

Vs the 2010:

image.png.7640156e86313edbdd3e500034477ff9.png

The 2010 grille seems to come closer to the headlights the same way the 2009 facelift presara grille does. Maybe I'm stuck looking in that small age bracket before the 50s came out.

14 minutes ago, Speedz said:

The Black Sportivo is a pre-facelift model you attached below. The 2010 is a post-facelift.

I don't recall anywhere the facelift grill fits the OG bumpers and headlight housing, you may need buy all 3 for OEM fitment. 

Well yeah, but now that we can establish I have a facelift presara, I would say its probably pretty safe to think the facelift sportivo grille would fit? 

Rechecking the RStyle website, the 2 2009 Camry grilles:

https://rstyleracing.com/product/หน้ากระจัง-งานpp-style-usa-สำหรับร/

https://rstyleracing.com/product/หน้ากระจัง-สำหรับรถ-camry-2009-ไม/

have more similar shapes to the 2009 facelift Presara. I'm thinking maybe because they don't have Aurions over there, their v6 Camry's received the exact same treatment, and these may very well fit on my car. (But not the 2007 one for sure now)

In fact, the PP style one (first link), seems to be a carbon copy of the facelift sportivo grilles (no rounded but at the bottom, more rectangular). I think now I may be pretty safe ordering from them unless I can find a facelift sportivo at a wrecker (which is proving a little difficult).

This is a decade old info lol but the Sportivo kits were just 3M stick on bits from factory onto OEM ATX bumper moulds.

The grills should fit and you only need to worry about if it's facelift grill. 

46 minutes ago, Speedz said:

This is a decade old info lol but the Sportivo kits were just 3M stick on bits from factory onto OEM ATX bumper moulds.

The grills should fit and you only need to worry about if it's facelift grill. 

Alright sweet, thankyou for all your help mate.