All Toyota Day - Sunday, 11 June, 2006

PLEASE NOTE ... due to space restrictions at Toyota HQ (caused by construction work), the 2006 All Toyota Day (and subsequent activities) will be POSTPONED until later this year.

The Rising Sun Register will advise when a new date is arranged, and I'll update this post when that info is known.

This may mean the TCCAQ Show and Shine will fall on a separate date, again, more info when known.

Sorry for the short notice, we were advised at tonight's TCCAQ meeting.

If you know of anyone who was intending to attend, please pass on this message. Cheers.

Edited by Buddha

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'Mon QLD'ers, we all put in a good show last year, lets see if we can do it again this year....

C'Mon QLD'ers, we all put in a good show last year, lets see if we can do it again this year....

i shall be in attendance... i'll make the day free and clean my car from top to bottom and inside and out just fotr this day... the inside doesnt usually get a good cleaning :D

We had a ball last year. Was a lot of fun, then a couple of us did a Mt Tambo run afterwards.

was this the same event last year that the show and shine was rigged?....as long as you had a celica you were a sure thing.... :P

Nah, your thinking of the TCC-Q meet....where there were actually 2 Corollas in the top 3 for show and shine...

.................celicas won everything else............

Mate, I turned up last year 100% stock. There were a few of us like that. (I didn't even have a strut brace then)....

No shame in it. Being that it is a ALL TOYOTA DAY, there are plenty of stockos there. People can then see what the cars look like standard....

was this the same event last year that the show and shine was rigged?....as long as you had a celica you were a sure thing.... :P

I know how good my car is show wise and I'm the first to admit defeat to a better car. But the fact that a relatively stock(stereo and a few small bits of chrome(turbo heat shield and one other bit) and that's it) and from my experience an averagely prepared Turbo Celica shows up and absolutely cleans up on the trophy side of things. Then at the trophy night the guys who judged the show are constantly ragging Corolla's and blowing the Celica trumpet then you start to wonder...... :o :o

Hopefully this year it'll be independant judges who aren't in the slightest swayed by make/model. :D

I know how good my car is show wise and I'm the first to admit defeat to a better car. But the fact that a relatively stock(stereo and a few small bits of chrome(turbo heat shield and one other bit) and that's it) and from my experience an averagely prepared Turbo Celica shows up and absolutely cleans up on the trophy side of things. Then at the trophy night the guys who judged the show are constantly ragging Corolla's and blowing the Celica trumpet then you start to wonder...... :o :o

Hopefully this year it'll be independant judges who aren't in the slightest swayed by make/model. :D

"Rigged" might be too strong a word, but I admit that the judging was off in some way last year ... while I'm happy to win my trophy, fact is that the wagon wasn't to the same standard of Azza's, which I beat to the class win. I'm not just trying to pump Azza up, I think most of you who've seen the wagon know that its clean, but Azza's would leave it for dead in terms of detail.

The other point is, you've got the very new Silvabullet up against a 15 year old Celica, I wonder if maybe they took "condition for age" into account and maybe went too far with their scoring?

Anyway, this year I'm hoping to get a bit of a heads up on what their criteria is, what they mark down on or what can earn points. For example, does a Celica with its little boot full of stereo gear get more points than an empty station wagon boot, even though they might be line-ball in terms of general condition? :huh:

Maybe if we can get enought Corolla's to appear, then we may be able to have them do a Post-2000 Class....

"Rigged" might be too strong a word, but I admit that the judging was off in some way last year ... while I'm happy to win my trophy, fact is that the wagon wasn't to the same standard of Azza's, which I beat to the class win. I'm not just trying to pump Azza up, I think most of you who've seen the wagon know that its clean, but Azza's would leave it for dead in terms of detail.

The other point is, you've got the very new Silvabullet up against a 15 year old Celica, I wonder if maybe they took "condition for age" into account and maybe went too far with their scoring?

Anyway, this year I'm hoping to get a bit of a heads up on what their criteria is, what they mark down on or what can earn points. For example, does a Celica with its little boot full of stereo gear get more points than an empty station wagon boot, even though they might be line-ball in terms of general condition? :huh:

Yeah I think that your right on that one Buddha oh wise one. But my car wasn't new(just on 2 years old) but if the car is competing in the modified class then it has to compete against the other cars in that class. Personally the Celica should have been in the next class down as the mods were extremely minor compared to the other cars in the class(stereo and a few chrome bits).

This year is another year and if we can find out what the judges look for then that'd be even better ;) (what sort of beer do they like Buddha :P )

Yeah I think that your right on that one Buddha oh wise one. But my car wasn't new(just on 2 years old) but if the car is competing in the modified class then it has to compete against the other cars in that class. Personally the Celica should have been in the next class down as the mods were extremely minor compared to the other cars in the class(stereo and a few chrome bits).

This year is another year and if we can find out what the judges look for then that'd be even better ;) (what sort of beer do they like Buddha :P )

Like I said, I'm hoping to get a heads up on how it all works (maybe get the judges to explain their methods at the next meeting) and I'll pass on everything I find out.

You wanna know the best way to deal with this ... any TOCA members that can get there, do so. All of you put in $1 or $2 into a kitty to pay for trophies, and have a TOCA Show and Shine on the same day!

Keep it simple, best 1ZZ, best Stivo, best Hatch, best Sedan, dare I say best Wagon? And maybe a trophy for other models, Yaris, or best non-Rolla, etc and one for members choice.

Select someone with some knowledge to judge (I'm thinking our detailer friend Silvabullit and maybe Azza or Northy), the trophies don't have to be extravagently huge, the TCCA ones are just little ones but its still nice to get one.

Its a great way to have a comp that is relevant to the group ... I don't think it would take a great deal to put together. I'm happy to lend a hand if need be.

If you like my idea, then just reply with "Buddha, you're my rotund and amply mudflapped hero!"

If you don't like it, then just reply with "Buddha, you're rotund and your mudflaps are too big!"

:D

"Buddha, you're my rotund and amply mudflapped hero!"

i wonder who will win the best wagon trophy....

there will be a fight for the best black sportivo considering 99% of us own black ones

Edited by HDACHE

CES dyno day in late july has our annual show and shine so to have 2 this close together isn't really worth it.

Ah yes, forgot about the CES day ... consider my idea withdrawn B)

CES dyno day in late july has our annual show and shine so to have 2 this close together isn't really worth it.

gee buddah, what a silly idea that was :rolleyes:

gee buddah, what a silly idea that was :rolleyes:

Says she who was the first person to support my idea :P

That's alright ... I'll just walk through the TOCA display and award my own winners ... I don't need you guys ... except, I need you to bring your cars, OK? :)

im thinking i might need some mudflaps to be in with a chance.....:P

Not necessarily ... I'm thinking of having a "Contemporary Mudflap" category for those who still have their mudflaps and a "Post Mudflap" category for those who've removed theirs.

However, it would appear that I will be the only one in the "Modified Mudflap" class! ;)