Low beam earth position

Please forgive me if this is covered elsewhere, the low beam on my daughters 2007 SX6 are bad to the point of being dangerous, before I go the the expense of LED globes I want to check to see if the issue is a bad earth, has anyone improved the earth on their car and if so how. 

Cheers

Hi Brian, never seen a bad earth on Aurions but as with anything yes it is possible. I would suggest you check out the actual wiring & try following it back and check that, but before you just jump into LED's review the law in the state as some states do not allow them plus the better quality LEDs cost a bit and buying cheap LEDs can lead to having to replace them sooner. I would be more inclined to go with the standard halogen globes as most now offer brighter lighting as well. I am sure others will help if they have more knowledge than me. I have only replaced both Xenon globes in mine and found the passengers side a real pain with limited space so allow time to do the job right the first time mate. Glad your looking after your girl let us know what you find and end up doing.

KAA

Best to check If the headlights are HID, its the D4S bulb your after, non HID bulb id the H11, two very different bulbs. My ATX Aurion has H11 bulbs which I finally upgraded to the STEDI brand LED bulbs which are worth buying.

Have a look at this thread which does mention these D4S bulbs.

If you want to upgrade the earth then have a look at this YouTube video. Something I have not yet done.

13 hours ago, KAA said:

Hi Brian, never seen a bad earth on Aurions but as with anything yes it is possible. I would suggest you check out the actual wiring & try following it back and check that, but before you just jump into LED's review the law in the state as some states do not allow them plus the better quality LEDs cost a bit and buying cheap LEDs can lead to having to replace them sooner. I would be more inclined to go with the standard halogen globes as most now offer brighter lighting as well. I am sure others will help if they have more knowledge than me. I have only replaced both Xenon globes in mine and found the passengers side a real pain with limited space so allow time to do the job right the first time mate. Glad your looking after your girl let us know what you find and end up doing.

KAA

I have replaced the old globes with quality halogen but not a great improvement, the lens look ok but I will give them a polish anyway, one thing I have noticed is that the projector lens is not very clear, it's a bit yellowish, is it possible the clean/polish those somehow

Just as a bit of an aside, my daughter picked this car up in Cooktown, registered , for $500.00 the previous owner panicked and sold it because the VSC and Check Engine light were on, I put my scan tool on the car and eventually found a rat had chewed through an injector wire, fixed in ten minutes, the car has 246000 km and has a full service history, all books plus loads of genuine accessories, 

• Like 2

Hi Mate, I have never looked into polishing the inside projectors I imagine it is a fully seal package. But maybe small hands with cotton wool fixed to a stick and some IPA or a cleaning solution and a good shake and dry off may improve the inside. I am sure if any have got into that they will comment further. Well she got a bargain for sure mate well done, glad it was a simple fix as these 2GRF-E engines will last a very very long time when they are well maintained and you can have peace of mind knowing your beloved is safe and in a reliable car.

KAA

• Like 1