Full sportivo exhaust system on a 1zz

With my sportivo cat back they just cut the 1zz pipe after the cat then welded a flange.;

The sportivo system was 3 inches to short to reach the cat so i have 2 1/4 inche piping added to the end of the sportivo system so it fit nicly onto the flange of my 1zz cat.

Ive been told by numerous ppl that its far beter to kep the stock cat unles syou hav eaftermarket headers and even then its not worth it on a non turbo ( Not my opinion just those of ppl liek carline etc.)

Anway.

get CAI and add sportivo cat back to your 1ZZ and you'll have a car that will keep up with a stock sportivo 0-100. :)

Here is a Tableof Dennis Stock time ( Quite fast i mite add, Im sure some stock stivos run slower) VS my lastest 15.778 time. (1ZZ with intake and sportivo catback) VS silvas time.

timeeb3.png

As you can see at 660ft im right there with them, ahead of dennis but not silva. Denis has a higher MPH but you coudl make the assumpion that when i hit 100/km/h in to top of 2nd that i was ahead of him slightly.

Not bad for $170 sportivo cat back and $100 ebay CAI

Edited by SyxXPaC

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my sportivo cat back they just cut the 1zz pipe after the cat then welded a flange.;

The sportivo system was 3 inches to short to reach the cat so i have 2 1/4 inche piping added to the end of the sportivo system so it fit nicly onto the flange of my 1zz cat.

Ive been told by numerous ppl that its far beter to kep the stock cat unles syou hav eaftermarket headers and even then its not worth it on a non turbo ( Not my opinion just those of ppl liek carline etc.)

Anway.

get CAI and add sportivo cat back to your 1ZZ and you'll have a car that will keep up with a stock sportivo 0-100. :)

Here is a Tableof Dennis Stock time ( Quite fast i mite add, Im sure some stock stivos run slower) VS my lastest 15.778 time. (1ZZ with intake and sportivo catback) VS silvas time.

timeeb3.png

As you can see at 660ft im right there with them, ahead of dennis but not silva. Denis has a higher MPH but you coudl make the assumpion that when i hit 100/km/h in to top of 2nd that i was ahead of him slightly.

Not bad for $170 sportivo cat back and $100 ebay CAI

That time was with my granny shift into second due to the quality Toyota second gear synchro I had that doesn't like to work above 6000rpm without making some rather uncomfortable noises. But it and 5th gear and 6th gear are fixed with a new clutch and pressure plate so I guess i need to go for a trundle again and see what happens....

got the sportivo cat back.....

got to a exhaust shop and got it fitted... did wat u guys recommended..

nice.. not loud... enough to make it a bit more "Sportier"... i can feel a slight diff in power. pulls more easily. goes even better with the pod filter.

heres the installd pic.. :)

EXhaust.jpg

P1020429.jpg

Edited by DuGong