Full sportivo exhaust system on a 1zz

The Sportivo Muffler probably has better flow than the Muffler on the 1Z, but it is still more restrictive than an after market model. Although if noise is an issue for you than the Sportivo muffler may be just what you are looking for.

The piping on a Sportivo is 2.25", which is very large for standard piping but this size might be a bit to big for the 1Z. I'm sure there a plenty of people with more knowledge than me on the 1Z but in my opinion I would suggest 2" piping with a dual tip muffler. In the long run I'm sure you would be much happier. I would talk to CORRZA, the system on his Levin looks & sounds great & is not overly loud.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is in two minds! my system im happy with! 2.1/4 cat back nice free flowing and im happy! So the stock stivo system is still restrictive compared to an aftermarket one graham?

The Sportivo Muffler probably has better flow than the Muffler on the 1Z, but it is still more restrictive than an after market model. Although if noise is an issue for you than the Sportivo muffler may be just what you are looking for.

The piping on a Sportivo is 2.25", which is very large for standard piping but this size might be a bit to big for the 1Z. I'm sure there a plenty of people with more knowledge than me on the 1Z but in my opinion I would suggest 2" piping with a dual tip muffler. In the long run I'm sure you would be much happier. I would talk to CORRZA, the system on his Levin looks & sounds great & is not overly loud.

1ZZ is already roughly 2" in diameter. As I have said before the stock Sportivo system works well on a 1zz. Have a look in the garage as to who has it fitted and ask them what they think. Some have even had dyno's done to compare the difference.

SPORTIVO SYSTEM DOES WORK ON A 1ZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1ZZ is already roughly 2" in diameter. As I have said before the stock Sportivo system works well on a 1zz. Have a look in the garage as to who has it fitted and ask them what they think. Some have even had dyno's done to compare the difference.

But does it work as well as an aftermarket system?

IMO

1zz with stivo exhaust v's 1zz with aftermarket

the difference is indifferent ......

it comes down to what tom wants .. eg sound n look etc etc etc

i think tom has alot to think about !! :D :D :D

as we discussed whilst washing cars !!!!

IMO

1zz with stivo exhaust v's 1zz with aftermarket

the difference is indifferent ......

it comes down to what tom wants .. eg sound n look etc etc etc

i think tom has alot to think about !! :D :D :D

as we discussed whilst washing cars !!!!

True he has to be happy with it in the end of the day!

i cant make up my friggen mind about this...

pete i gotta try your car out... soon... if you'll let me that is...

i tried jasons and it was just too loud for me... at the moment its looking like a stivo exhaust, but if someone can point me in the direction of a muffler thats a bit louder than stock in the low end, but not loud enough to interrupt my deep thought patterns, then im there... it can be as loud as it wants in the higher ends. if im thrashing it im going to want to hear it. which is why the sportivo exhaust sounds like a good way to go.. quiet down low and roaring up top apparently. and with a CAI it will be sensational.

why not just a stivo system with a differnet tip then? - you could mate it with an xforce dual tip! :D - or get the lukey muffler/ or what i've got atm - a sportivo droopy muffler *car park growler!! - high rpm roarer!* :D She's got heritage --- MAP 81 ---> Project El Cheapo ...the sage continues :P

But does it work as well as an aftermarket system?

How long's a piece of string and how much does he really want to spend???

yeah as little as possible... i dont have very much money...

but how long IS a piece of string on a 1zz? what sort of exhaust system is going to get you any substantial gains that a sportivo one wont?

i cant make up my friggen mind about this...

pete i gotta try your car out... soon... if you'll let me that is...

i tried jasons and it was just too loud for me... at the moment its looking like a stivo exhaust, but if someone can point me in the direction of a muffler thats a bit louder than stock in the low end, but not loud enough to interrupt my deep thought patterns, then im there... it can be as loud as it wants in the higher ends. if im thrashing it im going to want to hear it. which is why the sportivo exhaust sounds like a good way to go.. quiet down low and roaring up top apparently. and with a CAI it will be sensational.

mine has a diffrent tone to jasons and is softer at idle! yeah u can try mine out!

They are pretty quiet & give a reasonable gain. They also guarantee NO cabin drone which can be a problem with some aftermarket brands. They are by no means the best out there but they are one of few who make Mufflers specifically for the 1z & 2z Corolla's. Having said that you won't get one for under $850 fitted which alot people feel is to much money just for a Muffler.

I will be be at the meet this weekend so you will get an idea of what I mean if your there. :D

wat abt the x-force twin loop exhaust?

isnt that pretty quite also ?

just a suggestion as i neva heard a twin loop b4.

Yeah it is indeed! Speak to Gazoom! he has one

yeah ill see him at the meet...

at the moment it looks like i might be able to get a full system off micky_tee... if that goes ahead ill try that out and if im not happy, ill sell it off and get a different one, till im happy :P

• 3 months later...

I think cutting and welding in this situation is a bit scary... but that's just me.

Anyways Tommo the guy who used to own my car told me my muffler came from King's Exhaust in Sydney and they rated an 11kw gain... Optimism at its best :lol: So when you come down to Canberra to pick up your 2ZZ exhaust parts (dented, as per your last order) you could test the "gain" yourself.... lol. The point is, its nice & throaty down low but not enough to disturb philosophical thought, but if you're approaching redline... She roars. Nobody here seems to have used King's Exhaust (do we not like them??)... maybe they could knock up a similar one for you if you needed another option.

if a person has a sportivo exhaust from the manifold to the muff..

wat does he need to do to make it fit?

just before the 1zz cat. make a cut. and weld that on the 2zz cat?

2ZZ manifold is totally different to 1ZZ. So the only part of the 2ZZ system you can really use is from just after the collector back. :D

im fairly sure they wont just line up...

i tried to whack my sportivo muffler on my 1zz catback pipes and the flanges and pipes were different sizes... so that ruled that out...

im fairly sure up at the headers outlet you will have the same issue... i have my full sportivo system bolted on just behind my aftermarket 1zz headers, and i think all they did was change the flange on the headers to suit the sportivo system... im having troubles with that as the joint is separating when i give it some producing a slight leak...

anyway you can make anything fit, but if you're sticking a 2zz exhaust system behind 1zz headers, the pipes will be different so they would need to weld some kind of adapter thing in there to go across the sizes... if you have a set of headers that have a 2.25" outlet, it will bolt on with the right flanges, or you can just get it welded if you dont plan on changing it for some time.