Alternator goes bye bye

discovered after putting my underbody cooling panel last week that i had a sensational whine coming from my engine bay.. later on as in 3-4days my battery light came on.. hence thought battery.. decided what the hell called RACQ to get a battery but it turns out the alternator is goonskies and hutch... off to lexus.. im presuming that this will all be covered as warranty item due to no modifications can alter the job of an alternator.. needless to say not happy janice

discovered after putting my underbody cooling panel last week that i had a sensational whine coming from my engine bay.. later on as in 3-4days my battery light came on.. hence thought battery.. decided what the hell called RACQ to get a battery but it turns out the alternator is goonskies and hutch... off to lexus.. im presuming that this will all be covered as warranty item due to no modifications can alter the job of an alternator.. needless to say not happy janice

so what exactly did lexus say to u regarding ur alternator?

just went today.. there going to diagnose it and if they say that the alternator was under to much strain due to audio components then no warranty will be done on it.. to my knowledge an alternator can only put out as much as it was build to and its job is to charge the battery so why should there be an issue at all

just went today.. there going to diagnose it and if they say that the alternator was under to much strain due to audio components then no warranty will be done on it.. to my knowledge an alternator can only put out as much as it was build to and its job is to charge the battery so why should there be an issue at all

Maybe the massage cushion and the George Foreman grille in the glove box just sucked the battery dry and the ol' alternator just couldn't spin it's little insides fast enough to keep the massage cushion massaging and the grille cooking :P

Maybe the massage cushion and the George Foreman grille in the glove box just sucked the battery dry and the ol' alternator just couldn't spin it's little insides fast enough to keep the massage cushion massaging and the grille cooking :P

Good thinking