i got quoted for around $1500 damage... do u think its reasonable?

my car front bumper.... its scratched and th side seems to be lose AGAIN~!!!!

the front part... its like concave shape....

this dude want it to be fixed within 500.. if its within 500.. then he will pay cash...

reason about his no claim bonus and all....

how much do u guys think it will cost????

how it happened...

this guy saw a parikng spot.. so he tried to reverse and enter a ONE WAY round.. (hes going in the opposite driection).. he reversed... i press the horn.. coz im not ready to reverse yet... then he ACCELERATE... and WHAAMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the end.............

after quoting........ $1500

he said the front enforcement bar is bent... which might affect the steering.. im not sure.. i did felt the steering wheel bit heavy and shaky... (thats b4 he told me this)

the front bumper.. the top part is around 1 cm pushed towards the bonnet... bottom is ok..

my FRESH NEW grille is scratched...

a gap on the both side of the bumper...

so experts.... tell me if hes not trying to RIP OFF the insurance.. or trying to fu*k up this dumb dude...

Edited by XploShun

I think a front bumper from toyota cost about $300 (not including delivery and labor fee) so depending on where you go to get it fixed you'll be pushing it to try to get the thing replaced for under $500 :( .

That's it, just fix waht's damaged.

the guy only wanted to pay 500, yeah right. Besides, get the mech to quote what's need replacing with complete inspection, it could be more than just front bumper. Plus you safe headache chasing him.

insurance... right.. hmm

but... do u guys think.. it will cost around $1500??

he was doin like.. 5-10km/h only...

damn..

id hate to call him..... i bet hes gonna complain a lot.. coz... now visible damage on his car...

damn rollas r fragile....

Edited by XploShun

Dude, no one here is gonna know exactly what needs replacing here without seeing it.

Take it to a smash repairer and get another once over..

And as everyone else has said, if you don't want headaches, let your insurance chase it...

I agree...insurance. Only settle out side insursance if you think the other person is trustworthy. In your case, I don't think this person really care much about the damage he/she has done to your car. Did that person even say sorry??

Anyway, anything that is going over 5km/hr will do some damage to the corolla. Get a smash repairer to give u a quote. Show it to the guy. If he complains....get insurance to chase him up. Save yourself the hassle (if u pay for it to get fixed and have to wait for him to pay u back, he/she could just run and don't pay u at all).

As everyone has said, let your insurance worry about, dats why u pay $$$$! :P

just make sure u get all his details even his mobile and home number. and if possible his work number.

i got hassled my my stoopid insurance cause i only got a mobile # of him, and they wanted a bloody home # as well!!

Yeah, let the insurance chase him, bring in it to the insurance centre, i think they'll do inspection for you?

$500? what happen if you get that money from him, and later on you find out other problem? it's better just let the professional do their job, and us driving only :)

insurance... right.. hmm

but... do u guys think.. it will cost around $1500??

he was doin like.. 5-10km/h only...

damn..

id hate to call him..... i bet hes gonna complain a lot.. coz... now visible damage on his car...

damn rollas r fragile....

yea, its not right to upset the guy.... i mean he did hit your car and all, but still dont upset him and accept the $500 to get it fixed cheaply.....

The only person whos gonna regret it later is YOU!!!

Assuming you got insurance, go get the job fixed properly!!!

Im gonna recommend DSports @ Moorebank again :P and see what he quotes you.

If he's cheaper, see if he's prepared to claim a bit more so you can get a new kit :D

Edited by neK

he gave me his claim number...

hahahha i didnt know u can get a new kit with that..... i guess i could do it but it would be soooo much trouble... since the kits i want will take too long to arrive in aus...

damn id love to get a new kit... the stivo kit is getting too normal

hahahha i didnt know u can get a new kit with that..... i guess i could do it but it would be soooo much trouble... since the kits i want will take too long to arrive in aus...

haha........not much of a chance of getting a new kit going through insurance..anyway..all the best mate..

haha........not much of a chance of getting a new kit going through insurance..anyway..all the best mate..

it is definitely possible to get a kit with it :)

it is definitely possible to get a kit with it :)

IT IS??? :ph34r:

i got a sportivo kit.. but mines not a sportivo..

therefore no fog lamps... i once wanted to get it... but.. i dun wanna get fined again.. with my fog lamps turned on.... (on my bro's car)

anyway... NRMA.. is gonna assess it tomorrow...

sigh~~~

they r taking TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long!!!!!

remember with NRMA you got choice of repairer :D

Use someone you trust, or someone whos recommended by others and not what NRMA recommend.

I still reckon that NRMA would try to push to you to the cheapest repairer.... my mum's Hyundai accent has been a few accidents, and each time the authorise NRMA repairer has done an absolute sh!ta55 of a job.

remember with NRMA you got choice of repairer :D

Use someone you trust, or someone whos recommended by others and not what NRMA recommend.

I still reckon that NRMA would try to push to you to the cheapest repairer.... my mum's Hyundai accent has been a few accidents, and each time the authorise NRMA repairer has done an absolute sh!ta55 of a job.

i wanna take it to toyota to get it fixed.... but i doubt it can cover it...

the guy who fixed my grille and all... a bit cheeky... sigh.. i dont know... trust him for the last time..