Clutch issue??

Morning all

On sunday, while I was crusing with music off. I can hear chirping sounds coming from the front. However that sounds dissapear when I depress the clutch.

Took it to toyota yesterday, they can't work out what is going on and have to rebook it so they can take out the gear box and find out the course.

They reckon the noise is coming from the pressure place finges.

I've already rebook to have the box pull out.

I was woundering if anyone here have the same problem and what was the result to this problem.

My car is a 05 sportivo with 6800ks on the clock.

i actually had the exact same problem... however my car some how mysteriously "fixed itself"

keep us updated as to what toyota tell you it is... i'd love to know incase mine does come back and whether or not its a warranty issue... i know they usually negate the clutch from warranty.

I had a rattling noise that disapperaed when I depressed the clutch. I have tried to replicate but am not able to. I also had a sever rattling (different) when I decelerated from speed - but again, the bugger is intermittent and would say is pretty much gone.

Does anyone now how/why the friction point on a cluth moves. My friction point strated about mid way through clucth travel, is now on or near (strange) the floor.

thanks

Just had my car back from toyota after they had it for 2 day.

Their fix is rip my gearbox out and re-grease the bearings.........

But I still can't under stand why it happens when the car only done 7000ks.

:blink:

Just had my car back from toyota after they had it for 2 day.

Their fix is rip my gearbox out and re-grease the bearings.........

But I still can't under stand why it happens when the car only done 7000ks.

:blink:

Hmmm, sounds a bit strange to me. :blink:

Although it has probably made the problem disappear, I doubt it has addressed the root cause of the problem (something that Toyota seems to be good at avoiding.)

snakes

i have a 2005 stivo, and i get squeeks from the clutch, toyota's fix was to oil it the first time back when it had done 1000kms, at almost 20,000 the squeeks are present again >.< also the rattling noise, one of the techs claimed it was the engine "slowing down"

i reckon theres something not quite right with both my clutch and gearbox but toyota seem to just keep covering it up with excuses so i guess i have to wait until something breaks to get it fixed under warranty

I've ask how could this happen when the car only done 7ks... they didn't give me a straight answer.

I'm pretty sure they've done a patch up job.

I'm keeping all my receipts from services and warrenty claim. 3yrs later when my warrenty expires, at least i have some prove shows that my box had being fix under warrenty and they only patch up the problem!!!

I was so stupid not to get extended warrenty think this is gonna be a reliable car!!!!

So far I've being back 3 times for warrenty claims....... not a happy jan

I had a rattling noise that disapperaed when I depressed the clutch. I have tried to replicate but am not able to. I also had a sever rattling (different) when I decelerated from speed - but again, the bugger is intermittent and would say is pretty much gone.

Does anyone now how/why the friction point on a cluth moves. My friction point strated about mid way through clucth travel, is now on or near (strange) the floor.

thanks

Friction point moves when the clutch starts to get some wear. Have you had the clutch adjustment done by Toyota?? Because it's outside the tolerances stated by toyota which causes shifting issues by not allwoing the clutch to engage/disengage properly. Mine started off about normal then ended up nearly taking up on the floor. Got the adjustment done and all is good!!

i have a 2005 stivo, and i get squeeks from the clutch, toyota's fix was to oil it the first time back when it had done 1000kms, at almost 20,000 the squeeks are present again >.< also the rattling noise, one of the techs claimed it was the engine "slowing down"

i reckon theres something not quite right with both my clutch and gearbox but toyota seem to just keep covering it up with excuses so i guess i have to wait until something breaks to get it fixed under warranty

I fixed the squeak myself as it's the pivot points on the clutch fork that operates the throw out bearing. remove the rubber dust seal from around the arm that goes into the bell housing and then with CRC with a long straw nozzle thingy get a mirror and torch in place to see it and then spray the pivot points you can see and squeak will disappear(well mine did any way!!)

MORE BAD NEWS!!!!!! :angry:

Since I got my car back for the clutch issue, I've done 500kms on the car.

Today when I decided to clean my garage. Moved my car out and I've found a puddle of oil on the floor!!!

I was like WTF, grab a touchg ,getunder the car and found that my diff have a slow leak in it, and oil were all over the under tray.

The workman ship of this dealer is bloody shocking!!!!

Lucky this happen saturday arvo, otherwise they're so getting their ***** kick in.

No I can't drive my car anyway because I don't want to cause further damage.

My question is, do I have the rights to request for a new diff?? since I don't know how much damage it caused.

I had a pretty bad run with this Werribee Toyota so far, any other dealer ou guys recommand? How about melbourne city toyota? what are they like?

Edited by colmen

MORE BAD NEWS!!!!!! :angry:

Since I got my car back for the clutch issue, I've done 500kms on the car.

Today when I decided to clean my garage. Moved my car out and I've found a puddle of oil on the floor!!!

I was like WTF, grab a touchg ,getunder the car and found that my diff have a slow leak in it, and oil were all over the under tray.

The workman ship of this dealer is bloody shocking!!!!

Lucky this happen saturday arvo, otherwise they're so getting their ***** kick in.

No I can't drive my car anyway because I don't want to cause further damage.

My question is, do I have the rights to request for a new diff?? since I don't know how much damage it caused.

I had a pretty bad run with this Werribee Toyota so far, any other dealer ou guys recommand? How about melbourne city toyota? what are they like?

Hey there man, sorz to hear bout ur headaches....bloody Toyota :angry:

Dunno where's a good place for servicing down the westside cause heard that Le Mans(Footscray) wasn't good either. Melb CT Toyo...hmmm i'm not sure... :unsure:

From the forums it would seem that Heidelberg is best & Nunawading is aightz...

Lolz...yea bit far eh? Sorry dude, best i can do. :D