Rear disc brake convertion

[ekkY]

hey as the topic says

i own a echo sportivo and just wondering if the corolla's rear disc brake conversion

would fit my car without any drama's?

a friend of mine says that the old corolla (86) fits no drama's @ all

Swaping the rear drums to discs isn't as simple as it may seem. Usually the master cylinder needs to be changed to maintain brake bias. I think they have made adjustable brake bias illegal for the road so you can't fit one of them, legally anyway.

But if there was an option for rear discs from Toyota then it will be fairly easy to change to rear discs.

I maybe wrong about Toyota making rear brakes on at least one model that would fit your Echo. You could try going into some good brake shops (only one I can think of at the moment is ABS) and ask them about it. Never know, thay may have done it before. If you go to the wreckers and do some direct measurements between some cars and compare master cylinders you may find a match.

I think Willwood make a big brake kit though.

I maybe wrong about Toyota making rear brakes on at least one model that would fit your Echo. You could try going into some good brake shops (only one I can think of at the moment is ABS) and ask them about it. Never know, thay may have done it before. If you go to the wreckers and do some direct measurements between some cars and compare master cylinders you may find a match.

yes i do know wilwood do make it for our cars, it just that im after a budget and something that is good and worthwhile aswell.

i have been doin a little research and the old models corolla 86 models do fit and also the mr-s aswell

need more research to conduct this experiment

:D

• 3 weeks later...
' date='Jun 1 2006, 04:23 PM' post='98868']

yes i do know wilwood do make it for our cars, it just that im after a budget and something that is good and worthwhile aswell.

i have been doin a little research and the old models corolla 86 models do fit and also the mr-s aswell

need more research to conduct this experiment

:D

the toyota vios sold in asia which share the NCP chassis as the echos, have rear discs on them. afaik, all the suspension and undercarriage is shared between the vios and the echo.

the rear calipers are different to the corollas. the front calipers are the same as the 1zz corollas.

hope that helps

Edited by shaohaok