Buying used camry, what year models the best

cranswick

lm looking to buy a used camry in the future . my budget is around the $15,000 to $17,000 range. l guess my budget could put me at any year model between 2007 and 2017 . in that year model range is there any year model that better or more reliable then others not not as good as others ?t is there a particular year model l should look to buy or avoid buying?. l think they stopped making camrys in Australia after 2013, were the camrys made outside Australia after 2013 as good or as reliable?

28 minutes ago, cranswick said:

l think they stopped making camrys in Australia after 2013

Last Australian-made Camry/Aurion was in 2017, so it is only the current generation that was imported.

On 6/25/2023 at 9:43 PM, cranswick said:

lm looking to buy a used camry in the future . my budget is around the $15,000 to $17,000 range. l guess my budget could put me at any year model between 2007 and 2017 . in that year model range is there any year model that better or more reliable then others not not as good as others ?t is there a particular year model l should look to buy or avoid buying?. l think they stopped making camrys in Australia after 2013, were the camrys made outside Australia after 2013 as good or as reliable?

Hi John, if your budget allows, I would buy the latest model with the lowest kays. The last of the Australian built Camry (7th Gen) were the best. So from 2012-2017, try and find one inside this bracket. Any earlier and you may be up for plenty of high mileage/age related repairs and or replacements. So for the money you would otherwise have spent on an old car with much less residual value, you may as well invest that same money into the latest one you can afford with the lowest mileage.

Makes sense right ?

I’ve had a few Camrys over the years, from a 1993 to a 2002, and my sister a few, 2013 sportive, and 2019, that has frankly been hammered, caned, crashed, with her kids learning mishaps, ( all have been four cylinders I must add) and every one of them( the sportivo  started life driving from Werribee to Frankston and back weekdays!! And just wore out after a half million or so)they have all been absolute troopers, and few cars I know of would stand up to it…she now has a Mazda as the last camry met it’s fate at an intersection when her youngest on his Ps poked its nose out a bit too far and had its front hardware torn off ..

and she wanted a CAR, and the wait for a Camry was too long. .. only thing that older ones are prone to is a failure in the headlamp wiring and switch cluster that means an extensive wiring replacement… but that only comes when it’s worth peanuts and disposable… a good idea particularly if you land a hybrid… is ask a cabbie what they are like…. They sit in it eight hours a day…. Yes, granted, a tad boring to drive, but dependable( and I think Toyota took out some boring with the newer ones too finally )BTW I still have my 81 corolla XX coupe I bought when I was 17… still going, and it’s now very rare and valued at six times it’s new price!! 
it may have been stored away in a shed for a long time but it’s even outlasted four Camrys that were very well worn!!  
im not a fan of electric or hybrid cars …. Yet…. But I’d likely get into a hybrid camry without much worry … if you get the chance.. earlier cars like your wanting came in top equipment levels only and are a fair bit nicer… I did have one for. A short while as a fleet driver… unnervingly quiet… lol..
I hope this helps… 

• Like 3