Jbl sound system

mecca

Hi all I've just joined up & hopefully someone knows anything about jbl speaker set up in my altara sx.2017. I recently bought  it from a yard & noticed there's only 1 speaker in the parcel shelf. Is this how it should be? Any thoughts?

Cheers Vince 

Hi Vince, Firstly welcome to the forum, I thought that years Camry Altera SX was a temporary replacement of the Sportivo for that model range, and some came with a 6 speaker set up and some came with the JBL 10 speaker system. I may be wrong and am sure if I am someone will post what they know, do you mean it is a centre speaker on the back parcel shelf or only has one speaker in place on rear parcel shelf? If so then one has probably been removed and as long as all the wiring is there just grab a speaker.

KAA

Hi thanks for reply. Yes it's meant to be a jbl speaker set up. I've got 1 speaker on the left & a blank on the right. I've been told this is a bass but um not convinced 

20230817_140116.jpg

20230817_140059.jpg

Hi Mate, doubt it is bass as it is stereo and controlled through head-unit so looks like someone removed the speaker for whatever reason and just not replaced it, I am guessing the empty one has a cover over the top which is what we see in picture. As long as all the wiring is there all you need is a similar speaker and plug and play. Just try and find one the same and all should be fine

KAA

Hi Vince, Hmmm ok at least you have an answer I guess someone altered the whole setup and removed the rears and added a single sub, as normally the 2 rear deck speakers are part of the whole jbl set up 2 on rear deck, both doors, and front dash set.

KAA

Edited by KAA