2016 Camry Hybrid headlight bulb change (passenger side)

notanuber

Hi, I can't find any guides to change the passenger side headlight globe for a hybrid and/or Australia model. Does anyone have any tips on this? It looks like I need to take the whole light cover off to access it. Is that correct? 

• 1 month later...

I have encountered the same issue, not in a hybrid, but there is only about 2cm clearance between the dust cover and the fuse box, I have searched through all the videos but most are US spec Camry's without a dust cover, or they only show the easy drivers side.

I get the impression the battery has to come out and the fuse box needs to be unbolted and moved aside. Lot of work to change a globe.

I have replaced the headlight bulbs on my Aurion quite a few times. Yes, the passenger side is more difficult. Depending upon the size of your battery either move it move it sideways or totally remove it for more working space.

The following YouTube video provides some useful tips. Main thing is to remember the positioning of the locking tabs and to push in slightly so that all of the tabs engage in the headlight housing.

Ended up having to take off the plastic covering on the top half of the front end. Don't have the video at hand but I eventually found one that helped. It would be nice if Toyota acknowledged this in the manual.