Club Image

After a bit of discussion in other threads about the image of our club... We figured it was time to lay out some sort of "guidelines" about being part of this club...

The other night on Today Tonight, there was a segment on P-platers and hoons, and there was some footage of an impound yard. In the pound was a car with a Sydney Rolla Club sticker.

Now I don't think that gives a good impression for SRC, and I know i'd feel pretty embarrased if that had been a TOCAU sticker on that car...

All I'm trying to say here is that we don't want to see that sorta activity going on in our forum... so drive sensibly, and don't let people see your TOCAU sticker (if you have one) and think badly of the club!

If you're going to be part of a club, and a community, you gotta respect the rest of the people in that community.

Anyone got anything to add on the matter?

According to Dan the car that was impounded was no longer owned by a SRC member but was sold. Even so he was very embarassed to say the least to get the bad exposure from it.

on another note... following an incident on the last night cruise, perhaps some more restraint should be shown when we are driving in a bunch in future. We all like to be noticed and make a bit of noise, but think of the people around you too. Just try and drive smart guys and be safe :)

I think it comes down to awareness ..

As some of you know on wednesday nite I got pulled over randomly ..

I spoke to the cops whilst they were checking my lisence and he was asking about the club etc etc ... ovbiously of the Huge A$$ sticker on the back ..

I think that since this type of article comes out on TV it gives any car club or car lover an image which is not favourable.

I have without any doubt that 50% of the reason they pick me to pull over was the sticker ... I was in no way speeding and there were cars going faster than me ...

It comes down to awareness ... who is around us .. and who we represent as a whole ... ie. the club, the ppl in the club, and most importantly the ppl in your Car ! ...

esp after what Pete wrote about his close call yesterday ... seeing it first hand ... pretty scary !

Thats it guys! We are representing the club. And therefore we need to be aware of our actions! Someone does something stupid and sees the club sticker and reports it to the local police station to be aware of a recklace driver with TOCA stickers on.

Then the cops will be on the look out for anyone who has TOCA stickers and target us just because 1 person gave the club a bad name.

Trust me it starts becoming petty! As in SA it happend in the club i was apart of and ppl started getting fines for minor things!

like "sorry that sticker is obstructing your view and can be a hazzard" im going to fine and you please take it off!

I'll just say though, if you want a sticker, PM me, I have some from Steve for sale still....