My Toys & Collectables

L4WL3SS

Have recently started aquiring toys & various pop culture collectables from my childhood, and im quickly starting to realise how addictive it is.....

.... & also how expensive it is 😳

Collecting at such a late stage means paying premium prices unfortunately for the stuff i want. And ive learnt that any new stuff thats released means having to go on waiting lists for pre-orders or else miss out & pay double once its resold on ebay.

Will update this post as they arrive 👍

First up, we have a 1984 Matchbox 'Voltron 3'. Comprised of 5 robot lions which join together to form the "defender of the universe". This was the 3rd evolution of the toy & the first to adopt the Voltron name. (1981 was 'Beast king Golion & 1982 was 'Godaiken Golion') The Matchbox Voltron was also the last of the brief run of japanese die-cast versions. I managed to hunt down a mint sword & shield to compete the display. It is a fantastic surviving example & nothing is broken.

1000002155.jpg

Another childhood favourite of mine, teenage mutant ninja turtles!! These particular ones are from 1988 & are the very first ninja turtle figures ever made (10 initial characters released), which can be identified by the seamless 'soft heads'. The turtles are surprisingly in mint condition & still had their weapons attached to the 'sprue' 

1000002165.jpg

Transformers, still popular to this day. I was a bit overwhelmed with the amount of different toy versions & reissues. The original 1984 G1 optimus prime is very hard to find complete, & prices on ebay start at $1100+ so that was out of the question. I decided to go with the takara 'Transformers collection' 2002 G1 reissue line. These come with nice "book-box" style packaging that opens just like a large book, complete with a small booklet containing profiles of the reissued character (and a couple of random characters) & episodes of the cartoon. 

1000002219.jpg

More to come 👍

Edited by L4WL3SS