How to make your 1zzfe fast

Hi there, if your a owner of a 1zzfe and lack the funds,

you want to make your ride fast, real fast and not spend lots of ching ching

heres the mods that work

CAI from Ebay USA shipped 169AUD depending on exchange rate

K&N typhoon filter 80bucks if on sale

Headers High Flow Cat and Exhaust choose depending of noise levels you can go straight through or muffler. $950 Liverpool exhaust get the best cat you can get.

Unichip to top it off $1200 Autotech engineering

All up your less than $2500 and your car will respond much better

If someone does it tell me cause i know you can outrun a b16a 2zzge with these mods.

Also, the stock brakes can handle the power, if you want to be on the safe side, get some sport brake pads, 120-150 depending on brand for a set of front or rear

Replace your stock tyres if you have some left over money

Common ON 1zzfe people

PS i am working on the SC kit will notify when it's up and running.

Awesome, someone else who loves their 1zz engine. :lol:

Ive got a remus exhaust that is great how it is, not sure how much it was cost to replace the headers... what exactly are the headers anyways? I know why its better to replace but im not sure what they look like or anything....

Ive been after CAI for ages, not sure what brand or how to fit it though... it seems complicated to me for some reason.

K&N filter I believe needs a permit in Western Australia... again... im not sure how to fit it or anything like that...

I have federal tyres that are plenty good enough... unless its wet.... if its wet I think I have about as much traction as a grizzly bear does on ice.

I have seen K&N filters around... but it looks like just the filter... no piping or anything... is that how they are meant to be sold? Do you not need the nice big chrome pipe for it to work? :lol:

My ***... my knowledge on cars has really gone down lately :lol:

Do a search on ebay and click worldwide items

Corolla Cold air

they are like 60USD buy the cheapest one it's all the same and stick a k&N pod filter on it.

The 1zzfe headers are a peice of crap if you look at them you'll puke

Headers are the pipes coming out of your engine to your exhaust.

Depends on the dyno. The dyno i go to reads 110 ATw for WRX hahahah so it's relative.

The road will tell you.

Do a search on ebay and click worldwide items

Corolla Cold air

they are like 60USD buy the cheapest one it's all the same and stick a k&N pod filter on it.

The 1zzfe headers are a peice of crap if you look at them you'll puke

Headers are the pipes coming out of your engine to your exhaust.

Ah those black plastic crappy things coming out are the headers? Oh okay..

How much is CAI normally in Australia... any particular brand to go for?

you can't get a CAI in Australia, unless you get a custom tube made,

Just buy it off ebay. Well i just got a No Name CAi it seems to be working fine. I got it from triautosport off ebay, it cost 170 AUD shipped to my house in 3 days, dam fast.

The headers are behind the engine,

If you want to replace those crappy plastic things at the front, GET A TRD supercharger.

You get a nice alloy one and a new CAI as well.

I'm still looking to get Simota air intake kit. It's available in Indonesia, and my friends are looking for it. If all hope went down the drain, then i will certainly buy one from Ebay. 3 days to arrive??? holy crap, that is damn fast, is that from USA>???

:lol::lol::lol: I totally don't know what anything is... bahaha... headers.... manifold.... il paint it all :lol: (jooking)

Ive looked at the TRD supercharger... they sell them in America... would they fit our cars though? From what ive seen the engines are the same.

IS CAI legal to have in your car? There is a difference between a pod filter and CAI also isnt there?

At least I don't have to worry about looking like an idiot on these forums now.... ive already done it! :P Now.... lets talk about a self installed NOS system next... :lol::lol::lol:

if your order something from the states pay extra for the USPS air express with EMS. You get your package through Aus Post Contractor and they are fast really fast i was amazed, you get to track your package as well.

The CAI comes in a huge box, 70cms X 30Cms X 30cms.

The SC has only 2 parts wrong, the pulley belt/drive belt, it's the wrong size.

THe TRD computer doesn't fit into the Australia one.

Therefore you get a unichip with a x-driver what ever that is. it control a extra injector for more fuel at high boost. SC improve fuel efficiency as well better for the environment.

I thought pod filter was the thing you stick on the end of a pod or CAi.

by the time you do that, you would be up around $5000 (with wheels)...would you not be better of getting a Sportivo for the same price???? Just my opinion...

Well... I bought a rolla ascent before the sportivo came out. Even if I hadnt I couldnt afford $10,000 more to pay for a sportier version.

I love my rolla ascent, would not trade it in for anything at the moment, and for me its fun to do up a car that is seen as the underdog in the corolla range (sportivo and levin being the more sportier versions)

My rolla looks just as good as a sportivo, now it has the kit and wheels and a nicer exhaust.

You can do all of the mods to a sportivo as well... unichip, tyres, CAI... etc.

The fact is that I dont want a sportivo, I have what I want and now im after performance upgrades.

If you put all the upgrades on a sportivo for $5000 extra why not get a car worth $5000 more instead of the sportivo? Thats what your basically saying....

yup i have a SC the pics are on the toyota gallery with the sportivo meet.

I wanted to keep it quiet until i had it up and running. But people already know.

In the US they have the same arguement with the 1zzfe 2zzge.

Depends what you like, the 1zzfe has the flattest torque curve of it's engine class.

2zzge is a crazy rev engine.

However, from what i hear, the sportivo seems to have lots of problems.

I have been in a sportivo, and i do believe a 1zzfe with them mods would give it a fair run. When i had them mods in i took a sportivo on 2 times to compare and i had him buy one full car length.

If influx is going to disagree, i'll say my car sucks with the SC cause i have a faulty actuator, it is locking up airflow to my throttle, thus running slower. Farken heaps slow i am soo sad.

However we are all toyota owners got to keep together.

Common skitzo get the parts and you'll be soo happy

that's true grimlock. it all depends what YOU are after. some prefer it a bit more frantic some don't. i would like to have a drive on ya SC 1zzfe tho. just to see what it's like. does it feel like a larger capacity 6 cylinder without the weight?

Well when i get it to 8psi-9psi you should feel it kick back, Like any other Forced induced car.

At the moment i am running restricted boost, so my car is just crap. Slower than before.

I've driven a VS commodore since it's RWD and heaps more torque the kick is greater.

However the only commodore that has beaten me before my SC was a VY SS.

As soon as you get your supercharger running well and everything grimlock then i'll be on my way to getting one as well.

Remember to take notes of anything that has needed changing and what you have done to fix it, I have a feeling i'll be needing it :P

by the time you do that, you would be up around $5000 (with wheels)...would you not be better of getting a Sportivo for the same price???? Just my opinion...

Well... I bought a rolla ascent before the sportivo came out. Even if I hadnt I couldnt afford $10,000 more to pay for a sportier version.

I love my rolla ascent, would not trade it in for anything at the moment, and for me its fun to do up a car that is seen as the underdog in the corolla range (sportivo and levin being the more sportier versions)

My rolla looks just as good as a sportivo, now it has the kit and wheels and a nicer exhaust.

You can do all of the mods to a sportivo as well... unichip, tyres, CAI... etc.

The fact is that I dont want a sportivo, I have what I want and now im after performance upgrades.

If you put all the upgrades on a sportivo for $5000 extra why not get a car worth $5000 more instead of the sportivo? Thats what your basically saying....

Yeah but how much all up would it have cost you to do all the mods all up? And will it be worth that much when you go and sell it again??

I would sooner spend $5K on the Sportivo then an Acent....jsut because it is a better starter....to me, it would be just like doing up a V6 commondore when you could just spend a couple more $$$ and get the V8 that is faster without the hassle, plus the resale...

good on you skitzo (even though we may not have agreeded on issues in the past) i am with you on this one. it's great to hear that you love what you have and yes it probably looks just like a sportivo anyway so that's the first part out of the way. the next is power obviously. the mods you have listed sound good and the s/c will provide an abundance of that sweet low range torque..mmmm...torque. You will definately jump a sportivo off the line any day of the week but staying in front well that's where the 2zz comes into play :lol:

anyways good luck with it all!

hmms nah with these 1.8 litre cars, there is soo much difference. Thats the reason for the XR 6 turbo.

Yeah when my SC is up i'll tell you skitzo.

I was intending to trade in my car for a sportivo, but i just didn't like the low end response.

Hmms i highly doubt a sportivo can keep up with a boosted car. It's just i am not being arrogant or nothing it's just boosting give the car so much range.

Quicksilver can vouch for me.

Grimlock cant wait till u get ur car up and running should be good to see.

Anyway guys again we aint comparing apples with apples. s/c + highly modded 1zz vs stock 2zz come on guys what does that achieve ???? That a worked car can beat a stock car :blink::blink::blink: i didnt know that 1 :P :P :P

with all that work done to the 1zz yeah i can say it would really move.

BUT

spend the exact same on the 2zz n bye bye 1zz.

Even in this scenario though u arent really comparing apples with apples as the 2zz starts with 141 kw and the 1zz with 100 kw.

But all in all id really like to see how well a modded 1zz would go.

Now as for keeping with a boosted car lets just say a boosted 4wd tx3 learnt the hard way what my s'tivo can do :D :D :D 3 car lengths baby

Cheers

Bill

p.s. A s/c kit will give u added power but its main emphasis is on increasing torque. the boosting which provides shear power is turbo. So yeah u will gain torque galore but dunno if thats enough to cauz it to pull harder than the 2zz

NOO!!!

Don't go to liverpool exhaust. i had a full exhaust done by them and it blew up a week later..and i lost power.

i highly recommend you go to Carline Mufflers Mt. Druitt (if in western sydney). they use a full lukey system and will definately increase power.

if u go to the gallery, you'll see my dyno sheet comparison between liverpool and carline.

oh...and that was $1200's wasted at liverpool.