Talon Wheels

RiZ-G

As the topic description suggests.. I'm looking for new rubber now, :) so would like to know from people (who also happen to run on 15") what's a good brand and what size they use?

I'm putting them on my 97 AE102 Sedan, and was suggested that 190/50 R15 would be the ideal tire to go for ? Any thoughts on this? the stock tire is 185/65 R14 , which I'm kinda used to know in terms of ride so not to be too bumpy and still have good handling should I go for any other size or the 190/50 should be good? :unsure:

Cheers . . .

PS. Yokohama C-drives quoted 155/ tire, to go or any other brands you think are better..

Who suggested to go for 190 size? Are there even tyres in the 190 size? Why would anyone suggest a 190 width size? I'd like to know.

I'd sugget 195/60/14's if you wanna upgrade your stock tyres. They'll keep your speedmeter reading as accurate (only 1.1% difference) as possible compared to other aspects in the 14" tyre size.

Plenty of brands available to choose in that size also including the C.Drives ;)

Who suggested to go for 190 size? Are there even tyres in the 190 size? Why would anyone suggest a 190 width size? I'd like to know.

I'd sugget 195/60/14's if you wanna upgrade your stock tyres. They'll keep your speedmeter reading as accurate (only 1.1% difference) as possible compared to other aspects in the 14" tyre size.

Plenty of brands available to choose in that size also including the C.Drives ;)

Basically I want to upgrade to my 15" rims now, but on that note, will it require speedo adjustments or something if I change the tires?? :huh:

Basically I want to upgrade to my 15" rims now, but on that note, will it require speedo adjustments or something if I change the tires?? :huh:

Ah my bad, you wanted to upgrade to 15's.

Why don't you get 195/55/15 then. The lower profile on the larger tyre will keep the rolling diameter as close as possible (or same in some cases). Best choice if you wanna keep speedmeter as accurate as possible (only 0.1% difference). You don't need to worry about speedo adjustment or anything, I don't even know if that's legal here.

you dont change the speedo calibration when you change your tyre size different from factory. you choose a tyre size that has the closest same diameter to factory or make a mental note that the actual speed is different to what the speedo is reading. changing to the size to what bigbum suggested would give you 13mm less sidewall than what you use factory and this probably would not be bumpy