Toyota Prado satnav. more software???

Prado Man

g'day, we have a toyota prado grande which came with satnav. just wondering whether theres any aftermarket software available with more roads in the country/outback that we can utilise. we live out in the country and it appears that we are driving through space to get home...

bascailly we'd like some software (DVD rom) that will have a LOT more country roads and dirt tracks etc. we've looked high and low and cant find anything anywhere.

btw, what does the 'whereis' software version 10 include. we only have version 2.

thanks everyone!

edit: if this is in the wrong forum please PM me then move it.

• 1 month later...

G'day,

i've got version 3 in my car, not too sure how many extra roads and streets there are but if you want i can make you a copy.......

btw, is your sat nav the updated version with the new firm ware (new interface, changable background colour ie, blue violet green ect not the usual beige)??

• 11 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have the same issue as Prado man....please advise on your testing of the software.

We have been driving in the ether, even towns being on the maps would be nice

Just to add another question, has anyone seen a way of converting the screen to other uses. BMW has a TV via the same sized screen.

Thanks

SKATM

Hi there,

Prob the best thing for you to do is to go out and buy Version 10, this is latest update and will show most country towns nowdays.

Costs about $300 from your local Toyota dealer.

The Versions are just the updates ie Vers 10 has more stuff that Vers 3

• 1 month later...

G'DAY GUY's,

I think I'm in the same boat as PRADOMAN & SKATM? I would like to get the most out of my new TOY! and have all the latest info displayed.

Will have to keep a close eye on this thread to see how you guy's go.

Would be very interested in your progress?

Cheers

Ralf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have owned my build 05 Grande since March. I got version 10 Whereis Disc from Toyota when I bought the car. I believe version 11 is out, and you can buy it from the www.whereis.com.au site (sensis).

Regarding the tv screen, there is a single video input available for sending video signal to the unit. However it is input designed for rear vision camera. (as in lexus). So when a video signal appears on the screen it will display a line of words at the bottom saying something like 'Objects appear further than they are' or similar to do with the camera vision.

I would like a better disc showing Speed camera and Red light camera.....(its just nice to know).

Where can i source copy of the speed camera and red light camera data? Have sent email to Whereis about how to update. Wondering if maybe possible to just save the data into directory on DVD and software will pickup. Haven't really studied software structure, but may do over the weekend.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have contacted Denso directly and have the wiring diagrams to allow connection of the screen for other purposes and in my case using it to show the DVD movie thats playing in the overhead screen in the back. I can email if anyone is interested....

On the red light query there is a company in Melbourne working on a "API", not sure if that is the correct term. It will overlay onto the where is software and provide red light(fixed hazards). A more sophisicated version will be out to give live updates of speed camera in a broad cast mode.

cheers for the repyls guys... recently we've purchased ourselves a satnav unit which attaches to teh windscreen, its MUCH MUCH better than the toyota one. easier to use, navigation is better, more accurate and MUCH more detail. well worth the extra money.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have contacted Denso directly and have the wiring diagrams to allow connection of the screen for other purposes and in my case using it to show the DVD movie thats playing in the overhead screen in the back. I can email if anyone is interested....

On the red light query there is a company in Melbourne working on a "API", not sure if that is the correct term. It will overlay onto the where is software and provide red light(fixed hazards). A more sophisicated version will be out to give live updates of speed camera in a broad cast mode.

I am interested in the wiring diagram. Can you email the details? :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would love an email copy of the diagrams if you don't mind. Will save me getting the run around at Denso. Thanks in advance.

2ndPrado, I dont think either of these guys are around anymore as I have been trying for ages to PM them and the last time they logged in was in December.

I'm bordering on desperation here!

Regards, Mike

Guys,

Been away...I have forwarded on the info today.

Regards

Mark

2ndPrado, I dont think either of these guys are around anymore as I have been trying for ages to PM them and the last time they logged in was in December.

Regards, Mike

• 2 years later...
Guys,

Been away...I have forwarded on the info today.

Regards

Mark

Regards, Mike

No too sure if you guys are still around or still have the diagrams but i would love a copy of the wiring connections for my sat nav. I have an 03 Sahara, so im guessing the units should be similiar.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Has anyone got a working copy of v14 that would work in a 2006 Presara? The copies I have downloaded do not seem to work in my car. Says DVD maps cannot be read. Not sure if the image from the torrent I have downloaded is 100%. Does it have something to do with the version?

• 5 months later...

Hi need help to wife has a 2004 grande cant get sat nav to work toyota said need to purchase a disk for $300 some one emailed me today will this help.

All I have is this version 14 for all Whereis / Sensis vehicles, the only extras this has from the standard Sensis disc is BMW service centres in the points of interest...

Will it suit the prado sat nav.

thanks bob

• 8 months later...
on eBay.......quite a few of people are selling them.

or you can get it of me for free :P just PM and ill email you the data.

Hi Leasaunce, I'm new to the forum , and was wondering how easy it was to get a copy of a later Sat Nav DVD for Prado.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Hi,

Hi SKATM, I'd love a copy of the Wiring Diagram if still available.

Cheers