TRD short shifter??!!

KaZe-

talk to Dave (YDOIT4)

he has the short shifter and he installed it himself... he said it wasnt too hard, and it was pretty quick, it just took him a while to work out how to get the old one off... you can do it yourself though - i imagine it would b just a matter of using common sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ppl i just pmd this to kaze so i thought id share the info with anyone else who is thinking about buying the short shifter

so u all knowi have it on a 1zz just like Danz we both have the short shifter on our cars

so heres the DIY short shifter

should take less than an hour as it took me an hour and i had to figure this stuff out myself

Now i wrote this before work i was half asleep so if some of it doesnt make any sense dont blame me

you need

- socket set

- a long extender for your socket set

- long philips head screw driver

- a torch just in case you cant see

- a small flathead screwdriver

now for the install

1st

take off the gear knob

2nd

take the ashtray out and then pull the black leather gear stick cover thats covering the old gearstick and cradle

3rd

go into the centre console and undo the 2 screws with the long philips screwdriver

4th

now the centre console needs to be removed

in order to get it out just slide back towards the back seat and it will come out slowly then you will have to lift up while going back so it can come out of the clips

now you need to lift over the handbrake and move it out of the way of the gearbox

You dont have to take it out of the car just enough to get it out of the way of the cradle

5th

undo the 4 bolts holding the cradle with the socket set

6th

now there is a clip holding each of the shifting rods to the cradle one of them is easy to take out but the other one is like a U shape it isnt to hard to get out but putting it back in is a bitch so pay close attention to how it comes out so you can put it back in using the flat head screwdriver will save you stabbing yourself with the clip

7th

once the clips are out just pull the rods off the cradle

8th

the 2 black circular rods at the frontend of the cradle need to be twisted then lifted off the cradle they arent to easy to get off a bit slimy

the cradle should come right out and then install the new one and plug it all in reverse

and enjoy the short shifting fun :) :D :lol:

niCe niCe!!! i just installed it this moring and mann... its fully sick BRO!!!! lolz when i was taking everything apart it looks EXACTLY the same as the stock shifter i was like.... no way i got jibbed and then once i took it out it looked a bit shorter and i thought man this sucks not that SHORT for a SHORT SHIFTER lolz.

But after i installed it, man.......... it GOES!!! it fuking short i can tell u that and u defiently knoe what gear ur in cuz its stiff and from me 1-2 lift once i got 1st redline then 2nd it goes back to 7rpm up easy!! but wif my shi tty tyres i get axle and goes to 6.5 rpm but keeps it in lift still really good mod i say!! 2 thumbs up

Steve, cheers YDOIT4 also for helping lolz and supadave!!! :P :)

:D welcome to the world of super short shifts ehehehe

i cant stress how awesome this mod is it shortens ur shifts in half and feels so stiff when ur changing and in gears

it isnt cheap at like 300 and something but its worth it if u want a different feel and u want to keep ur thread on ur stick and not use a hacksaw and cut at ur shifter and have to use those screw in gearknobs i cant stand them i am never having a car without a short shifter again thats the first mod im getting for sure

sorry for the speech but i lost my voice i have a throat infection so i guess this is my outlet :huh: