Any1 have an injen intake on their facelift Stivo

Hey I currently have a CES intake on my facelift Sportivo, but the intake does not quite fit and i dont wanna do any body mods to make it fit. Currently It only fit because I have loosened the top bolts on the headlight and removed the bolt from the side, but the headlight sticks out a bit now, and it looks like Ive had a bad prang job. I believe the injen is 2.75 inches, so it may be a perfect fit but I need to confirm. Anyone?

I have an Injen on a facelfit stivo...

it is not a "perfect fit" but i didnt have to hack at any brackets like lucio did (mentioned in prev threads)

i've found that it's had to puch up against the bottom of the front headlight a little to "force" the fit but im confident it is secure enough to not move much to cause any damage to the light fitting.

also, the injen pod does not fit with the foggie on.. at present ive left the foggie off and pushed the pod up the pipe as high as possible.

i will eventually find some piping to redirect the end of the pipe so the filter fits but for now im satisfied with the job.

all in all was a very happy addition to the car!!

(fuel consumption sux now tho!! hahaha)

Thanks Daz.

Also, with the injen do get a like an occasional CHU CHU sucking sound, rather than a smooth continuous suck. My CES sounds like their is a mis in the engine (especially when cold), and when I first installed it was hesitating and had continuous mis sound. I had to reset the ECU 4 times before I got rid of the hesitation (I left the battery unpluged overnight and checked the vacume lines). I'm just thinking 3 inch is too big for the 2ZZ or is injen the same too.

Thanks Daz.

Also, with the injen do get a like an occasional CHU CHU sucking sound, rather than a smooth continuous suck. My CES sounds like their is a mis in the engine (especially when cold), and when I first installed it was hesitating and had continuous mis sound. I had to reset the ECU 4 times before I got rid of the hesitation (I left the battery unpluged overnight and checked the vacume lines). I'm just thinking 3 inch is too big for the 2ZZ or is injen the same too.

you are not the first one to have these issues, the first 5 or so cars with the CES CAI had no issues at all, there has beeen one other that i know of appart from you that has had these issues but its since been sorted.

Northy,

Do you know if its a problem with CES or intakes in general. I returned the car back to stock for the time being, and its fine now so its definently the intake. Although now I have a significant decrease in performance in stock form and I miss the the sweet intake rumble.

it seems to be an issue with the MAF sensor on some cars, as the same intakes on 5 cars there was only one car that had an issue he went back to CES and had the pipe around the MAF flanged down to 2.8" and all the probs went away..... so far its been the only car that has needed this to be done so its hard to say why its happening.

Also, with the injen do get a like an occasional CHU CHU sucking sound, rather than a smooth continuous suck.

I have had some strange sounds since the intake was installed- Sometimes there is a ticking sound that disappears after a while. SOmetimes it doesnt disappear and after the car is turned off and back on it won't be there. Im not sure of any staggered sucking sound

Northy,

When you say problem do you mean the chu chu miss or the hesitation. Also was the problem car a pre or post-facelift.

the chu chu sound is the VSV valve , it sounds louder with the CES CAI because its a larger pipe you get the same with with the other CAI's from what i have seen. car was a pre face lift with bout 60,000km on the clock from memory and the car had a CES catback system on it as well.

40,000 km actually,,, and still waiting on my replacment.. apparently its happened to one of wei's friends as well and he just went to the wreckers and picked up another maf sensor and it was all sorted...

40,000 km actually,,, and still waiting on my replacment.. apparently its happened to one of wei's friends as well and he just went to the wreckers and picked up another maf sensor and it was all sorted...

its cause they broke the MAF sensor somtime during taking the stock intake out and putting the CES one in.