front strut brace -the fors and againsts

lauschie

gday guys,

can anyone tell me the fors and againsts of a front strut brace?? what do they improve in cars handling and what do they wear out quicker(eg tyres). which braces do u guys recommend and how much do they cost??

all the best,

lauschie

Some people say the TRD or Cusco strut bars are the better brands. I have a Whiteline one and I found that the front end of the chassis flexes less when cornering, slightly better steering response, slightly better traction. The downsides, I don't know of any but I guess it adds a few kilograms so your power to weight ratio is a little worse.

Not sure on prices though. If you look into some of the group buys there will be prices there, but they might be slightly lower than normal.

you will wear out your front tyres faster, but that's just because you can corner better :P

any ideas on how to improve handling and feel at high speeds on freeways?? esp in windy coniditions.

all the best,

lauschie

I reakon the front strut bar has made my highway driving a lot smoother. Maybe larger anti-roll bars will reduce the effect of the wind? But if there is a strong wind it will still blow your car around.

what strut bar do u recommend and what is the cost of it?? what are anti roll bars and what do u recommend there??

all the best,

lauschie

• 4 weeks later...

I reakon the front strut bar has made my highway driving a lot smoother. Maybe larger anti-roll bars will reduce the effect of the wind? But if there is a strong wind it will still blow your car around.

what strut bar do u recommend and what is the cost of it?? what are anti roll bars and what do u recommend there??

all the best,

lauschie

does a front strut bar change the caster and/or camber??

all the best,

lauschie

Nah. Front strut brace just reinforces the chassis a little better to reduce chassis flex. If you want to adjust the camber Whiteline make a camber bolt (#KCA415, but check before buying) which gives an adjustment of +/-1.5*

Pretty sure the caster cannot be changed on our cars.