Be Careful Of The Sportivo Diffs

I have heard through the grapevine that there has been someone that has smashed a diff casing on the sportivo just by driving....

Be very careful how you drive them because apparently toyota are sus on how it may happen...i am thinking it may be a bit of a fault so just keep an eye on it...it aint cheap to fix!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well ill give you an update on this:

It appeared the problem was diff & engine mounts snapping and consequently cracking the diff casing.

Toyota covered it under warrenty but apparently was very sus and evidently flagged the car!!!

BE CAREFUL!!

It appeared the problem was diff & engine mounts snapping and consequently cracking the diff casing.

Toyota covered it under warrenty but apparently was very sus and evidently flagged the car!!!

BE CAREFUL!!

So what actually constituted this failure? Poor driving habits or a manufacturer defect or both? Since Toyota covered it under warranty, they have almost admitted its a manufacturer defect but with the Stivos being a hi-performance car they should also expect owners to drive it enthusiastically. But i guess it's not something we should worry too much about since its the first case we have heard so far :P

BE CAREFUL!!

So what actually constituted this failure? Poor driving habits or a manufacturer defect or both? Since Toyota covered it under warranty, they have almost admitted its a manufacturer defect but with the Stivos being a hi-performance car they should also expect owners to drive it enthusiastically. But i guess it's not something we should worry too much about since its the first case we have heard so far :P

Maybe others just dont drive it as hard.....i think it mite have been a bit of both, but either way it shouldnt have ****** up this early in the piece anyway!