FACELIFT FRONT DE-BADGEING!!!

KaZe-

Hi Ho All!!!,

Just wondering im gonna be taking off my front badge on my facelift rolla soon so i can paint it black can any one give me any pointers or a guide to how to take it off so i can do it.

I tried the other day and its sooo complicated cuz the badge is really in there so its hard would anyone know a easier way to take it out and not damage it and put it back in properly??

Cheers ALL KaZe<

Hi Ho All!!!,

Just wondering im gonna be taking off my front badge on my facelift rolla soon so i can paint it black can any one give me any pointers or a guide to how to take it off so i can do it.

I tried the other day and its sooo complicated cuz the badge is really in there so its hard would anyone know a easier way to take it out and not damage it and put it back in properly??

Cheers ALL KaZe<

Getting a badge off a grill is hard, I tried on my Camry and could not get it out without taking whole grill off. Grill's in Toyotas usually click and lock in with a tab.

If they are stuck on you can use really thin plastic spatula (like yor Mom uses to clean the non-stick WOK) to prize them off without bending or breaking and then some marine based silicon glue as I did on a 280Z freshly painted. You could also search the Internet, there are advice pages on everything ever done here.

The badge survives hand washing but not sure about pressure hose?

280z.jpg

Edited by Steve gee

• 8 months later...

Hey guys, new here, haha just a quick question (didn't think a new thread was needed)...

I'm thinking about de-badging the rear of my corolla hatch to paint. But how do i go about sticking them back on afterwards? Or how do i keep the original adhesive?

Regards,

Kenneth =P

I'm thinking about de-badging the rear of my corolla hatch to paint. But how do i go about sticking them back on afterwards? Or how do i keep the original adhesive?

Regards,

Kenneth =P

You wont be able to keep the original adhesive. But if your patient you could always get some 3M exterior mounting tape as I think thats the same type Toyota uses, and put it on one side on while cutting it to shape of the badge.

Im not sure if Toyota sell only the template of the Toyota badge adhesive actually.

Sorry guys i've got one more question about the badges..

If i wish to paint them, do i have to sand all the chrome plating off -> prime -> then apply top colour coats?

id guess that a little sanding would be involved. but nothing 2 harsh?! its a heaps delicate job to try n sand something like that ey?!

good luck with that though

Ive been trying to take the ascent badge of the rear aswell, im just worried itll damage the paint too. I tried using the hair drier method and nothing seem to happen. I also want to leave the corolla badge on top and just remove the ascent badge. If anyone can help itll be great. Its the 07 model badge not sure what they have used but bloody hell its not coming off :o .

Ive been trying to take the ascent badge of the rear aswell, im just worried itll damage the paint too. I tried using the hair drier method and nothing seem to happen. I also want to leave the corolla badge on top and just remove the ascent badge. If anyone can help itll be great. Its the 07 model badge not sure what they have used but bloody hell its not coming off :o .

Not sure if the Ascent badge is the same as the Conquest one, but with my one I just got some strong fishing wire and with a gentle sawing motion cut though the adhesive.

To get the left over adhesive off the paint work I used some Goo-remover, let it soak in, then used my old plastic Uni card to gently scrape it off the paintwork.

i took the ascent badge off my 06 sedan, used a flat screwdriver but put something soft under it so it doesnt scratch the paint, just take your time.. i left the corolla badge on too

• 1 month later...

Hey, i used some fishing line (strong line) and got it between the body and the stocker and just in a sawing movement slowly dislodged the accent badge. Make sure you got some hot water, bug &tar remover so that u get a cloth and wipe it clean you might need to scrath it off with your thumb and nail, dont worry it wont damage the pain i done mine 2day and its fine :)