***IF YOU ARE WITH THE NRMA READ THIS***

I was a policy holder with the NRMA up until 18th July this year. It was cancelled and was to be sent a refund in the following 2 weeks.

It's been 2 weeks.

I rang them today. Now they are telling me that they in fact never recieved a full payment from me in the first place and that I owe them $500 dollars.

I should have a reciept somwhere at home amoungst all the crap. I can't remember whether it was over BPAY as I don't have a record of it on my NetBank statement with the Commonwealth Bank.

The NRMA are a pack of ar$eholes for the following reasons:

1) Not informing me of this problem earlier (if I had an accident then I wouldn't be covered when I thought I was...nice huh?)

2) I may be $500 out of pocket to them more if I can't find a reciept at home

3) Using the excuse 'Well you were talking to someone different last time and now you're talking to me'. The NRMA is a body corporate, I was promised a refund and they aren't delivering and lobbing crap on to me.

I am never going back to these people. They are vile, unorganised, and are soley out to rip your balls out through your mouth.

If you're with them already have a second look at them. Trust no-one. If I have to learn from this the hard way then so be it. Don't turn out like me.

I have been a policy holder with NRMA for many many years and have never had any issues with them whatsoever.

While I feel for your circumstance, I would like to point out that first of all, the call centres where these types of enquiries are handled are usually separate, ie Billing may not be located with claims etc. So the person you spoke with the cancel the policy may have little to no accounts training, and from my experiance with a telecommunications company from when I worked their call centre, may not even have access to accounts information.

On the other hand, they may have indeed overlooked this.

You are correct in that if you had have had an accident, where do you stand, and my advice would be that first and foremost, the onus is on the policy holder to ensure that they have the correct and current cover. Remember that Insurance companies love nothing more than not paying claims, so if you are not up to date with your policy, they may send you a reminder, but they will never hound you for the payment. Just think, the costs involved in a billing system that monitored this, to recoup a few grand in premiums, would not rate against the savings they are making from you not being insured correctly and not being able to make a claim.

I would be doing everything to search through your records for a transaction showing your payments are up to date.

Not saying your at fault dude, but I wouldn't blow off a company for this.

My advice for your future insurance premiums would be to do what I and many others do, pay by the month. Each month we know exactly what amounts are coming from our account and budget for it, so if a payment is missed, when we 'do our money' the following week, we are onto it straight away of there are any problems.

Good luck mate...

Cheers

Aaron

BTW - I got to ask why did you change companies anyway....

Cheers Azza,

I changed companies because the NRMA are w@nkers when it comes to modifications. They were going to void me for ride height, induction, everything.

gday guys,

just join AAMI good prices and never had problems with them.

all the best,

lauschie

was with RACV but there prices became too much.

the only places that would cover my mods were Just Cars, GIO and Shannons

and I'm almost 28...

I'm wondering if it is a State-based decision by them, cause when I was 27/28 they were going to let me have mods in QLd

I don't owe them anything. I had them fax a Cert. Of Currency to me at work.

The girl set up the certificate so it states my policy went from 11/01/2005 to 11/01/2006 and therefore has ceased with no further payments required. I did this so they can't make an attempt to hassle me later.

I'm just very lucky I didn't have an accident. I'll learn Azza...I learn everyday.

The more mistakes I make now when I'm young the better. Just need to be more careful from now on. Thanks again mate.

Whenever you pay for things like this via bpay or other methods - I always make it a habit to write the receipt number on the policy document or attach the receipt if you have one.

These large companies have computer information systems that interface to other banking systems etc... and problems do happen. People often get double dipped or the system fails as your going through a payment gateway where your credit card has been charged but, their system doesn't record the payment.

the only places that would cover my mods were Just Cars, GIO and Shannons

and I'm almost 28...

I'm wondering if it is a State-based decision by them, cause when I was 27/28 they were going to let me have mods in QLd

NRMA let me have mods, but would not cover lowering of the car by more then 30mm

Whenever you pay for things like this via bpay or other methods - I always make it a habit to write the receipt number on the policy document or attach the receipt if you have one.

These large companies have computer information systems that interface to other banking systems etc... and problems do happen. People often get double dipped or the system fails as your going through a payment gateway where your credit card has been charged but, their system doesn't record the payment.

Exactly, that's what I usually do.

I let other things get in the way of my usual organisational regimes though, being close to a nervous breakdown doesn't help things...but I'm just glad that I don't owe them anything.

I don't owe them anything. I had them fax a Cert. Of Currency to me at work.

The girl set up the certificate so it states my policy went from 11/01/2005 to 11/01/2006 and therefore has ceased with no further payments required. I did this so they can't make an attempt to hassle me later.

I'm just very lucky I didn't have an accident. I'll learn Azza...I learn everyday.

The more mistakes I make now when I'm young the better. Just need to be more careful from now on. Thanks again mate.

Good work, hope all works out for you....

NRMA let me have mods, but would not cover lowering of the car by more then 30mm

Just don't take Corey, SB & myself for a drive in your car then, there is an instant 50mm lowering straight up :P

Thanks as always mate. I've learnt about 5 life lessons in the past month...it's all been a bit too much for me. Quite an emotional rollercoaster. Not too sure where I'm at anymore, although the Sydney Cruise helped me realise that the world is still full of good people and that there's always an upside.

TOCAU is my saviour once again.

nrma are broke =P

they no longer exist in victoria

wen i was looking for insurance and searched their website victoria wasnt on the map there =P must b becoze we rule in no. of cars modified down here =P

nrma are broke =P

they no longer exist in victoria

wen i was looking for insurance and searched their website victoria wasnt on the map there =P must b becoze we rule in no. of cars modified down here =P

They are morons. No suprise they didn't work down there. They don't realise that there's a hefty demographic of people who mod their cars, and they choose to ignore that. Their loss.

Isnt BPay electronic only? ie it must come from an account/credit card? So wouldnt there be records somewhere.

And if you paid at the postoffice isnt that called PostPay?

If you definately used BPay then contact your bank (or banks) to see if used another account.

Edited by neK

hey man i work for cba...

if you know the date of the transaction and the amount go to the branch with ur acocunt number and they can search it for you... they can also do a information request to get more information of the transaction who you paid and also the receipt number...

:)

my car is insured in its current form with NRMA no probs at all.

If you're 100mm off the ground Northy then your insurance is voided with them. 30mm drop from standard height is all they allow.

Not trying to scare you, just letting you know. I even tried to get that underwritten on my car but it's cemented in their Policy guidelines. I told them that some people (within the club) are with the NRMA and that they are riding lower than that and they simply said to me, 'If they think that they're ok, well they're not. 30mm from factory height no more. So you'd better let them know that if they have an accident they are voided.'

Sorry mate, I'm just trying to be of help. I don't want them to screw you over :(

NRMA exits as RACV in Vic and RAA in SA

NRMA exits as RACV in Vic and RAA in SA

How stupid of me. Thanks for clarifying Dylan lmao. Panadiene Forte is screwing with my head.

If you're 100mm off the ground Northy then your insurance is voided with them. 30mm drop from standard height is all they allow.

Not trying to scare you, just letting you know. I even tried to get that underwritten on my car but it's cemented in their Policy guidelines. I told them that some people (within the club) are with the NRMA and that they are riding lower than that and they simply said to me, 'If they think that they're ok, well they're not. 30mm from factory height no more. So you'd better let them know that if they have an accident they are voided.'

Sorry mate, I'm just trying to be of help. I don't want them to screw you over :(

mate thats why i have coilover and the spanners :P

mate thats why i have coilover and the spanners :P

My initial concern though was what if you had a huge ding, and you couldn't get to the coilovers. I'm just paranoid...and too honest sometimes I guess. Bah, you know what you're doing man lol.