Apexi SAFC Neo

Hey guys, i was looking at getting a Power FC or SAFC for my stivo and found this on apexis website.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electroni...0&pageNum=1

Has anyone heard much about this version on the SAFC (sorry if its been coverd), looks cool like they mixed the V-AFC and iMoni together :)

hopefully, over the next few months im going to get one ( after a little more reasearchering ) and see waht happens, i still have to read thru some of the safc threads on here.

If it doesnt do much.. then ow well at least the little screen will look hot in the car ! :)

im not sure if the VTEC features would work for VVTLi tho ?

Edited by f1yby3

Well it all depends on what you would like to ultimately do to your car. Power FC Vs Neo SAFC........not a good comparison. Completely different products that have different application. I don't think it would work with vvtl-i at all. Last time i checked out Apexi's line up, they support vtec only (hence VAFC).

If your doing basic bolt ons (I/H/E) then i suppose SAFC would be alright for your application....if your looking at much more further work on your engine, then you would need finer control which in this case you should opt for the Power FC. Do a search and look up some discussions on piggyback controls on this forum, its quite informative.

Power FC cost 3 times more if i'm not wrong. Power FC is much better......question is would you spend that much, If money was no problem go Power FC!!

Cheers

P.S. I'm tossing between a SAFC-II or Camcon, why you must ask SAFC-II looks nice!!

SAFCII does look pretty sweet as well :)

Ill do some more reading about what people have done with safcs on here and newcelica.org, im pretty sure ill get one though, mainly because its cheap and looks pretty cool. and a bit of a gain would be cool. ( i dont think im up for a PFC )

When are you thinking of getting a camcon or safc ? pretty soon ?

in my little fantasy world id love to go like blitz SC but meh, wallet says noooooooooo *cough*

Edited by f1yby3

Bar any other commitments i suppose i'll get it by the end of august....if not then after november. I'll look around in Indonesia as i'm going over there for a wedding in Nov. Hopefully its cheaper.

My reason for getting a camcon or SAFC is that fuel consumption is very very bad with a CAI. I use to get 500km to the tank......but its now a consistent 320km............that is very bad in anyones book. Got rid of it and running stock intake right now.

Cheers

how difficult is it to install a SAFC? Im goin to be running a CAI very soon and would hate to get the fuel economy you mentioned thats almost V8 guzzling went on e-bay and found this S-AFC

i noticed on there list they have a listing for the 2zz but im pretty sure that would be jap spec ecu?

it's pretty easy to install. You just get a power and ground from somewhere, intercept the wire from the MAF to the ECU, and tap the tacho wire.

Have you got any experience with it Rollamods?? I'm not saying about installation, sounds pretty straight forward. But i'm just wondering about the before and after effect.

With regards to the fuel economy i'm getting, even i'm stumped with why its happening. I'm pretty sure its not my driving cause after about a week i've gotten all over it, but consistently getting 320km/tank is not very pretty.

I believe that maybe my MAF sensor might be a bit dirty (75K), so need to go to jaycar to get their electrical contact cleaner. The CO contact cleaner at my local spare parts shop wants $35 for that bottle :o

Jaycar sells a similar product for $10. :lol:

Cheers

why would you want to change the air/fuel mix on the fly??

Would you have a wideband o2 sensor and guage in the car? If not, you DO NOT want to mess with it on the fly. There's SFA power to be made in AFR tuning anyway.

With the emanage you can change the AFR and ignition timing, ignition timing is where you make power on a NA motor.

The emanage also has good datalogging and map tracing, you can do this through the optional profec E-01 display or via a laptop which is my preferred method.