04 Fog Lights

well guys i just picked up my 04 Accent Sports, and the lack of fog lights dont do it justice so i rang toyota and the bloody things were $305 EACH, I almost fell right off my chair. Is there any after market ones that i can get or any other suggestions/ideas

thanks Northy

northy welcome!

i saw the new corolla yesterday for the first time and i like the face lift. i do not have foglamps myself and the lamps you need are different because of the face lift.

only now are there a few wrecked corollas to get used parts from. there is an ultima cascade blue in cranbourne but these are still expensive.

try ozeparts. you need to phone them and they will contact their agent in japan. let us know what price they give you for a pair of headlamps. good luck shopping!

star city toyota parts in yenora, nice people they sponsor a little starlet in on eof the gtp races , i got brand new headlights for about the price of one and they are genuine parts too. jst half the rip off price of buying from a dealer

northy i got $350 a pair genuine tmc japan. do you still want it?

did you contact ozeparts in melbourne and star city in sydney? what did they give you? please let us know for reference.

i have not had a chance to ring these guys, im going to see my toyota guy on saturday to see whats involved in making the looms active (this will determine weather its going to be a viable option).

i thought you can just splice the parkers. remember to phone in the morning because they close at noon.

yeh its going for its 1000km service, from what i have been told/read is it not illegal to have your fog's on all the time? AFAIK you are only meant to have them on when its bad weather?

what i understand is that fog lamps (front and rear) that are coloured can only be used when there is fog. front lamps should face down to get under the fog. do not worry. so many cars have factory fog lamps now.