New Camry 2007 Test Drive

conquest976

I totally agree. I am only buying a Camry because of the looks and the fact that it is a reliable family car. For the cost, you can't really complain. Seeing that me previous cars were turbo 4WD and RWD, I am only allowed to buy them when my wife goes back to work...then here I come Evo X.......

But for now if I get bored, I'll probably chuck in an exhaust and maybe source out a V-Tech controller....we will see.

IS250 Prestige 6sp manual is $54 large + on roads, Sports Luxury auto is $78 large + on roads. The IS350 will be out of reach for most people, guaranteed, and if the reviews on the IS and GS are anything to go by, it's still not a fantastic drive.

But, it seems we've digressed.

By all accounts the new Camry is a good car; its biggest fault being a lack of power. But, an engine with a compression of 9.6 is just begging to be turbocharged, in spite of the fact it's undersquare with a 96mm stroke (and thus 88.5mm bore). But look, in all seriousness, you're not buying a Camry to win drags or do circuit work; you're buying a Camry to comute to and from work, and take the kids to school. I know there are people that do this and still enjoy taking the long way through the mountains home, but they should probably look for something like an N/A XR6 or spend a bit more and get an SS.

brilliantly engineered, RWD V8

Isnt that an oxymoron?

And before you all start huffing and puffing, screaming blue murder, and telling me Commodores are pieces of sh*t, sit in a new VE. Holy sh*t, the interior quality is astounding, if only because of the improvement over the VT-VZ cars, let alone the competition today. I'll admit it's only been out for a month and we're yet to see any recalls (which will almost inevitably happen), but the same will go for the Aurion when it's released.

and you cant fit anything in the boot, its heavy, thirsty, ugly.... shall i go on?

Many many more cars you could get at that price that would kill the commonwhore in every field. Australian *assembled* cars suck

Isnt that an oxymoron?

and you cant fit anything in the boot, its heavy, thirsty, ugly.... shall i go on?

Many many more cars you could get at that price that would kill the commonwhore in every field. Australian *assembled* cars suck

Oxymoron? What? Cars can be hi-tech, V8 and RWD. Look at BMW and Mercedes Benz. They seem to fair alright.

Ugly: That's a purely subjective opinion. I think they look much better than a Camry, given the lack of front/rear overhangs and massive rear flanks. The front headlight treatment is a bit derivative, otherwise I think it looks fine. But that's obviously upto the individual, so hardly a point of argument.

Thirsty: Performance doesn't come cheap, you know. The sporty Aurion model will be thirsty, too.

Heavy: Yesthe Commodore is 200kg heavier. Safety, rigidity, handling, they all come at the expense of added weight. The Commodore is a bigger car than the Camry, so by rights is going to be heavier, too. I'm yet to see ANCAP crash ratings for either car, but I won't be surprised ifthe Commodore is the safer of the two.

Boot: Commodore Boot is 496L. Camry Boot is 535L. That's about 1 overnight bag. It's not insignificant, but it's hardly small.

Start listing the cars that could "kill" the Commodore. I'm interested to hear your opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am new to this forum.

I just bought a brand new Toyota Camry Grande for $42500 drive away, with Rear parking Sensors and Window tint at Peter Warrens Toyota's in at Warwick Farm Sydney, So I was wondering do you guys think this is a good deal?

Cheers

I just bought a brand new Toyota Camry Grande for $42500 drive away, with Rear parking Sensors and Window tint at Peter Warrens Toyota's in at Warwick Farm Sydney, So I was wondering do you guys think this is a good deal?

Cheers

Hate to give the bad news....

Sounds as if you had paid pretty close to retail rrp $39,900 +(sensors&Tint)+ orc

Personally, We did not get crash hot service from Peter Warren Toyota.

Clintons at Narellan came threw with the goods!

btw ..welcome to the forum

my 2 cents

Cheers

Hate to give the bad news....

Sounds as if you had paid pretty close to retail rrp $39,900 +(sensors&Tint)+ orc

Personally, We did not get crash hot service from Peter Warren Toyota.

Clintons at Narellan came threw with the goods!

btw ..welcome to the forum

my 2 cents

Ahhhhh I see, But i thought $39,900 is not with on road cost.......

Edited by D3lusion

• 4 weeks later...

i got my camry sportivo for around $27,500 drive away :) uncle works at toyota so i get that big 20% discount. i woulda got the aurion sportivo but they dont come in manual. no fun :(

• 5 months later...