ACV36R 2.4l Starting problems

IBJ

Sluggish? As in, it cranks the motor slower than usual? If so, that is usualy battery related... but if you say its ok.

How have you tested the battery?

Do you have a multimeter?

Have you tested the alternator to see if its charging the battery? Although I wouldn't expect the alternator to be the cause on such a new car. But then again, I wouldn't expect any starting troubles from a new car.

Does your car sit around for long periods without being driven?

How are the battery terminals?

Sluggish? As in, it cranks the motor slower than usual? If so, that is usualy battery related... but if you say its ok.

How have you tested the battery?

Do you have a multimeter?

Have you tested the alternator to see if its charging the battery? Although I wouldn't expect the alternator to be the cause on such a new car. But then again, I wouldn't expect any starting troubles from a new car.

Does your car sit around for long periods without being driven?

How are the battery terminals?

The battery has 12.1v with the engine off after standing overnight. The battery has 14.2v with the engine running. The headlights a re bright etc. It is a daily driver. First thing in the morning it cranks a bit slowly but the motor starts. When it is hot sometimes it will crank very very slowly or not at all. Other times it is OK. I had this problem with a Subaru and eventually replaced the battery and this made no difference. I had to replace to copper contactors in the starter motor and all was well. I was just wondering with the Toyota used a similar system. Thanks for your reply BTW

Hi Altise

I a few questions sorry if they are obvious just helping you eliminate the case.

I is it still under warranty?

Has it had a recent service?

How old is the car. Batteries last about 3-4 years. Check the water levels

Have you got any mods on the car like a big amp that could be sucking some power or something like that? Also don’t start the car with lights on.

Sorry if stating the obvious but sometimes one small thing make a difference.