Power Run for Amp and Sub in SPortivo

blak_tivo_roket

jus wonderin i connected my amp 2 the stock HU but i tapped in2 the front speakers ne diffence in output from front n back?

thnks kym

huh??? :blink::blink::blink:

jus wonderin i connected my amp 2 the stock HU but i tapped in2 the front speakers ne diffence in output from front n back?

thnks kym

hmmm.... ok i ran my amp off the front speakers which i bypased through the wires to the speaker input of my amp... wit me???

now i was wondering if the rear speaker output in watts, rms wat eva, is higher in the back than the front speakers... hope that is a bit clearer.

thanks

thnks kym

hmmm.... ok i ran my amp off the front speakers which i bypased through the wires to the speaker input of my amp... wit me???

now i was wondering if the rear speaker output in watts, rms wat eva, is higher in the back than the front speakers... hope that is a bit clearer.

thanks

I think all channels are the same?!? just the front channels are split with a set of tweeters. I just wanted to tap into the rear cuz i was thinkin about the amp in the boot, but maybe i could use the fronts, i dont think it makes any difference. Hope this helps

From my understanding, the power output of both the front (combined tweeter & driver) as well as the rears are the same output.

When amping these speakers, should you only amp say the fronts, then the maximum output of the speaker will never increase, although what you end up with is an amplified signal fromo the Head Unit being sent to the amplifier, then being re-amped. You may find that the maximum outut of power for each speaker channel from the head unit may be lass than the maximum rated power of the speaker. I can not tell you if this is so or not becuase I have absolutley no idea as to the power ratings of the stock gear.

I can prolly guess though the the power output of the speaker channels from the stock head unit is going to be the same for all the speaker outs. The only reason why they separate the colours on the wiring would be for fading purposes.

Your amps channels will all have the same power output also.

However, in saying that, when we played spaghetti doctor on JC's car on the weekend, and amplified both front and rears of his Pioneer, although in my opinion thet actual maximum sound output may not neccessarily have been too much higher, the sound appeared a heck of a lot crisper and cleaner than before.

When he gets around to buying himself a sub, we will remove the rears off the amplifier and use the rear channels for the subwoofer, using the rear stocks purely as rear fill (ie, does not need to be too loud as it only needs to fill the noise) and we will keep the fronts amp'ed..

How long will the stocks last with an amplifier driving them, I don't know but we are about to find out....

thanks.....

my system is all set up runs ok of stock hu w/out rca cables but still does the same job,

i was hopin that the fronts had lower output in watts rms but the bak would have more, not a prob i should of thought about it harder :P :P :P n now thinkin boout it if it saiz 45watts per channel than it aint gonna divi the power from front 2 bak aye hahaha :P :D

all good thanks tho

How long will the stocks last with an amplifier driving them, I don't know but we are about to find out....

Hopefully long enough for me to afford some decent splits for you to install eh pappa? :D

JC

Hopefully long enough for me to afford some decent splits for you to install eh pappa? :D

JC

Count me in, but next time maybe we park the car on the driveway so we have ventilation when the farting starts....or you could come out here to my place, mmmmm double garage...mmmmm :P

JC

Count me in, but next time maybe we park the car on the driveway so we have ventilation when the farting starts....or you could come out here to my place, mmmmm double garage...mmmmm :P

Its a date. I will bring the spaghetti. :D

JC

JC

Its a date. I will bring the spaghetti. :D

JC

Just dont wanna know where the sause comes from LOL PMSL