Power Run for Amp and Sub in SPortivo

blak_tivo_roket

in my first corolla i took a lead off the front speakers, in my sportivo the headunit has amp outs, i ran the power through the firwall on the passengers side through the same hole that the ECU loom runs through.

So in a stock Sportivo 2003 6Disc model there is preamp output (RCA's) on the rear of the Head Unit?

no there are no rca outputs

on the last stivo i installed on I ran the cable through a gromet on the passenger side ...

its about the size of a 5 cent coin .. nothing running though it at the moment . .just sealed with that rubber gromet ...

pull the gromet out and feed the cable in ...

from the inside... take out the glove box .. coz it will make it heaps easier ..

Mario - If you read this maybe you can post a pic of where your power cable runs through the firewall

on the last stivo i installed on I ran the cable through a gromet on the passenger side ...

its about the size of a 5 cent coin .. nothing running though it at the moment . .just sealed with that rubber gromet ...

from the inside... take out the glove box .. coz it will make it heaps easier ..

Mario - If you read this maybe you can post a pic of where your power cable runs through the firewall

Where abouts is this grommet? So you piggy backed of the rear speakers and ran it into the HIlevel input on the Amp?

Where abouts is this grommet? So you piggy backed of the rear speakers and ran it into the HIlevel input on the Amp?

ummm its pretty hard to explain where it was ..

imagine you are sitting in the passenger seat ...

its inline with the right side of your glove box ...

just look under the bonnet for the 5 cent size rubber gromet .. its pretty clear ..

and re your rear speakers .. its up to you if you want to run it off the amp or off the HU .. depends in your gear ??????

what are you planning to run

it's a bad idea to run the power cable through with the ECU loom.

You can run the power cable out the loom hole at the front passenger side of the engine bay, the through the cable hooks up inside the guard, and through the large grommet that goes to the passenger kick panel.

It's more work, but a far neater and safer install.

ummm its pretty hard to explain where it was ..

imagine you are sitting in the passenger seat ...

its inline with the right side of your glove box ...

just look under the bonnet for the 5 cent size rubber gromet .. its pretty clear ..

and re your rear speakers .. its up to you if you want to run it off the amp or off the HU .. depends in your gear ??????

what are you planning to run

Just an average powerful amp ~200Watts RMS and prob a 10 or 12 inch sub just to extend the bass response of the system abit more into the lower region :)

hmmm that works .. but not where i ran marios .. marios power cable went in very very neatly ...

and with stock speakers .. dont bother running off the amp ... run it off the HU ..

u mean you wouldnt use a amp for the sub, just conect it like a rear speaker?

no no no ...

run the sub off the amp ..

run the stock rear speakers of the HU

I did this on the weekend with the help of Pappa Guiseppi (Azza, king of fixing the spaghetti :D ).

Power cable was run exactly where it is in that pic above. The amp is under the passenger seat so power runs down the passenger side under the scuff panel. Im running both front and rear speaker cables into the amp (as it has hi level input). At the moment its just amping the stock speakers, but in the next week or so I will be disconnecting the rear speakers to run a sub.

Stock fronts sound great amped, its just a matter of how long they will last.

JC

Edited by -JC-

hmmm that works .. but not where i ran marios .. marios power cable went in very very neatly ...

and with stock speakers .. dont bother running off the amp ... run it off the HU ..

no no no ...

Thanks,

no no no ...

Thanks,

So the Stock 6Disc has no Low level outputs on the back, only speaker outputs?

And if so Has any one take their rear door apart before?

The stock unit has NO RCA's. Correct.

If your going to splice into the rear wires, your best bet is under the sill scuff panel, this will allow you to run the wires straight into your amp under the passenger or drivers seat. No need to get the door card off.

Beware if you have a facelift model, as we found that although the wiring colours according to the diagram were correct, they were coming from different pins in the plug when compared to the wiring diagram on this site.

Hope this helps.

JC

The stock unit has NO RCA's. Correct.

If your going to splice into the rear wires, your best bet is under the sill scuff panel, this will allow you to run the wires straight into your amp under the passenger or drivers seat. No need to get the door card off.

Beware if you have a facelift model, as we found that although the wiring colours according to the diagram were correct, they were coming from different pins in the plug when compared to the wiring diagram on this site.

Hope this helps.

JC

The Rear Left speaker wires should be Black (+) and Yellow (-), or Green (+) and Green /w Black Stripe (-)?

So the speaker cable runs under the door kick plastic panel ? I dont want to cut the wrong one :S

Yes, there is a loom that runs along the passenger side with the black and yellow wires in there. Be careful though and make sure you have a circuit tester to check that they are in fact the speaker wires, as there are 2 sets of black and yellows in there.

I didnt do the drivers side (pappa guiseppi did that side), but if you have the wiring diagram (do a search and you should find it on here), you should be able to locate the correct wires.

JC

Edited by -JC-

Yes, there is a loom that runs along the passenger side with the black and yellow wires in there. Be careful though and make sure you have a circuit tester to check that they are in fact the speaker wires, as there are 2 sets of black and yellows in there.

I didnt do the drivers side (pappa guiseppi did that side), but if you have the wiring diagram (do a search and you should find it on here), you should be able to locate the correct wires.

JC

So would it be better to get a HI-Low RCA converter or just get a amp with a High level input?

You only need a RCA Convertor if either your amp only has RCA in and your head unit does NOT have RCA out, or vice-versa, your head unit has RCA out you want to utilise but your amp only has hi/lo in...

Most amps have hi/lo as well as RCA, so if you are using your stock HU, then just use the hi/lo input...

IMO - RCA convertors create unneccessary signal noise

You only need a RCA Convertor if either your amp only has RCA in and your head unit does NOT have RCA out, or vice-versa, your head unit has RCA out you want to utilise but your amp only has hi/lo in...

Most amps have hi/lo as well as RCA, so if you are using your stock HU, then just use the hi/lo input...

IMO - RCA convertors create unneccessary signal noise

Do i need a special connector to connect into the Hi level input in the amp?