annoying dash gauges

JJCRU23R

the reflection of my dash gauges on my drivers side window has become more and more of a distraction.

at night, they reflect on my drivers side window and it distracts me when im trying 2 see out to the right hand rear view mirror.

has anyone modified their dash gauges so that the background of the gauges is black and only the numbers light up?

anyone recommend a place 2 get them?

is it diy?

how much do they cost?

the reflection of my dash gauges on my drivers side window has become more and more of a distraction.

at night, they reflect on my drivers side window and it distracts me when im trying 2 see out to the right hand rear view mirror.

has anyone modified their dash gauges so that the background of the gauges is black and only the numbers light up?

anyone recommend a place 2 get them?

is it diy?

how much do they cost?

Give these guys a call.

etronic

How about just turn the brightness down. You do it with the ODO reset button. Push until the dashes come up

Then hold in until you get the right level of brightness.

There is a post on here somewhere with pics

done that long ago.. itll do 4 now but i gotta find a proper solution.

damn toyota shoulda realised there was that massive reflection off the side window when they designed this thing. its annoying!

Give these guys a call.

etronic

ok went to their website.. not much use. they dont have our model corolla and the dials they do show are not much different to the dial we got on there now! green, yellow, blue.. lalala.

those dials replace the ordinary black dials that the older corollas have.

im trying 2 get my corolla dials back to black!

actually i think the US corollas have the black BG with only the numbers lit... u think the US corolla gauges would fit?

Edited by JJCRU23R

does anyone have a pic of levin gauges?

is it the same as this, but black background?

tacho max = 8000

speedo max = 240km/h

if the numbers are different then obviously my speedo isnt going 2 be any accurate if i change it...

Edited by JJCRU23R

yea thatll do!

so i guess thats your levin bigbum?

hold on a cottonpickin minute...

thats an auto... so there must be a manual equivilent...

but YES thats what im after.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Mate...BigBum Runs an Auto Levin.....but mate....dat's da worst misinterpretation of his absolute ride! :D

I run an 05 StivO, n even i'm lovin his ride more! lolz

Love the Levin's dash more than mine! B)

heyyy my steering wheel is exactly the same as that 1!! :/

yea id like to change it but the airbag factor is telling me otherwise. my last car didnt have airbagz so yea.

oh yea Mark-OH84BY came 2 my work 2day and gave me a good look at his cluster n cai... he ownz a sportivo.

i like the sportivo gauges but yea they go upto 9000rpm and yea overall just different. i guess the levin is the way 2 go...

what r the chances of finding 1 in the wreckerz??!!?