CARPUTER mini-itx cases

JJCRU23R

im still very much in the planning stagez of making my own carputer...

i looked for a VOOMPC, which i could only find a supplier in melbourne that took their sweet ***** time to get back to my email - 4 and half damn weekz... how long will it take if i actually made an order with them...?!

dont trust em..

but yea i found this as the next suitable case 2 house your carpc for those that r even thinking about going through with a project like this. and theyre in sydney!

Cubid 3688 Case

Case Dimensions :210mm x 260mm x 68mm

http://www.elx.com.au/item/ELS0040

or the Cubid 3677 Case

Case dimensions: 65mm(H) x 210mm(D) x 275mm(W)

http://www.elx.com.au/item/els0070bk

both are 151.25 and are available to be picked up if you can get yourself to their warehouse in silverwater in sydney.

delivery is roughly 8.25 anywhere in aust., 3-6days or 10.45 for 1-3 days delivery.

i called these guys up and the products on the site are very up2date. if a product gets discontinued, the website would automatically be updated to say so, since i think their site is linked to their stock values/inventory...

all you gotta do after you get this box is build the pc inside!

FUN AY?!

has anyone else already got one of these?

seen any pc cases like this for cheaper in sydney or elsewhere in australia?

There are other cases available, there are several places that sell them, a few have the ZOOMPC case too. The downside I see with the ZOOMPC is that you need to remotly locate a CD/DVD drive as it has no internal space for one. But the unit is extremely light and a very robust well ventilated fanless design for silent running.

I've got some info at home that I'll post up this arvo for you :)

There are other cases available, there are several places that sell them, a few have the ZOOMPC case too. The downside I see with the ZOOMPC is that you need to remotly locate a CD/DVD drive as it has no internal space for one. But the unit is extremely light and a very robust well ventilated fanless design for silent running.

I've got some info at home that I'll post up this arvo for you :)

zoompc?

same people who made voompc?

got links?

yep sorry I meant VOOMPC. Typo, twice :unsure:

try here http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/ under miniITX in the cases section. I think they have a few option under systems (compact) too.

I personally like this one

IMG_NB-S625_25813_0_lrg.jpg

quite honestly though, the market for these over here is pretty small. There are some great bargains to be had from the US over e-bay.

Edited by Blue_Stivo

I found that pic like 2 minutes ago ;)

it's under compact systems and there is a barebones unit under combos

there's also these guys in Qld that do VOOMPCs http://www.thunderbirdcomputing.com.au/index.php

hang on I'm on a mission tonight.

I'll post up all the links I can find into this thread to keep it all together :)

Edited by Blue_Stivo

these guys are in Victoria

http://www.cdt.com.au/catalogue/list.jsp?t...&tier=26902

Found it... this is the place I saw it... the VOOMPC (or at least near identical to, in black)

http://www.carworkshop.com.au/index.php?cP...119d77f77fdc7d5

These guys are in Kingsgrove, NSW

http://www.fortech.com.au/index.php?main_page=index

Edited by Blue_Stivo

oh damn my bad hahaha

geez those spelling mistakes are contagious 2nite

sorry blue STIVO !

:D

yep sorry I meant VOOMPC. Typo, twice :unsure:

try here http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/ under miniITX in the cases section. I think they have a few option under systems (compact) too.

I personally like this one

IMG_NB-S625_25813_0_lrg.jpg

quite honestly though, the market for these over here is pretty small. There are some great bargains to be had from the US over e-bay.

cant seem 2 find this box... empty. costs 1200? for the thing ready 2go

i think i saw the cheapest was 500 something somewhere i 4get where...

did anyone else see it? was that the case only for $500something??

haha at least confusing you with tom is better than confusing you with anyone else. names are similar. and tom is pretty cool.

speaking of which tom wanted to change his name but could never work out how too.... but justin did it i remember... Evl 50A - MRGEN3.... change your name TOM!!!!

cant seem 2 find this box... empty. costs 1200? for the thing ready 2go

i think i saw the cheapest was 500 something somewhere i 4get where...

did anyone else see it? was that the case only for $500something??

the $1200 one is a complete system, if you add it to your basket you can modify the bits it comes with and bring the price down (you don't need a DVD Burner for instance, downgrading to a DVD/CD-R combo drive saves you a bit) The ~$500 one is a bare bones unit that comes with case, motherboard and Powersupply I think, it's all in the item details. You just need to add the RAM, hard drive and slim line optical drive. (it already has the riser cards installed by memory too, but best to check with the seller.

haha at least confusing you with tom is better than confusing you with anyone else. names are similar. and tom is pretty cool.

speaking of which tom wanted to change his name but could never work out how too.... but justin did it i remember... Evl 50A - MRGEN3.... change your name TOM!!!!

send a pm to Steve ;) he'll change it...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

• 4 weeks later...

yeah man i found that site a few weeks ago - looks like a great place to get stuff, especially when they become a distributor for centrafuse when it eventually goes commercial..

you'll be able to get the destinator maps you need to run GPS on centrafuse and i think they'll be selling the program and the maps as a bundle with permission from flux (makers of centrafuse)

Hi,

I decided to make myself a carputer and I am in the testing stage.

I have a Via Eden M10000 with a Cubid 3688 Case. This supports PCMCIA, CF, 1394 and the standard stuff.

I downloaded and installed Centrafuse. I am very impressed with this, and the SATNAV that it can do.

Mabey we should start a caputer thread or is there already one, I know there are a few writeups of peoples LCD installs and cars, but a thread dedicated to general caputer stuff?

Now all I have to do is get a LCD, I was thinking a xenarc 1 DIN sized unit. Seems neat and tidy.

Hi,

I decided to make myself a carputer and I am in the testing stage.

I have a Via Eden M10000 with a Cubid 3688 Case. This supports PCMCIA, CF, 1394 and the standard stuff.

I downloaded and installed Centrafuse. I am very impressed with this, and the SATNAV that it can do.

Mabey we should start a caputer thread or is there already one, I know there are a few writeups of peoples LCD installs and cars, but a thread dedicated to general caputer stuff?

Now all I have to do is get a LCD, I was thinking a xenarc 1 DIN sized unit. Seems neat and tidy.

best of luck with your install fad!

im just so bogged down with uni and a million other things right now on top of the mods i wanna do 2 the car.. so yea my carpc plans are still on hold...

if only i wasnt studying!!!

VOOMPC is on order ;) :yahoo:

coming from the US, should take about a week to get here...

now to buy...

external DVD drive, GPS receiver and a touchscreen. I want a head unit touch screen so I don't have to worry about the TV and radio accessories not working ideally on the PC like Toms.

I want a head unit touch screen so I don't have to worry about the TV and radio accessories not working ideally on the PC like Toms.

www.brashimports.com.au got heaps 4 a good price 2!

when i get the extra dosh im gettin the GL701 touchscreen with the tv/radio tuner/amp. was planning 2 place that in the storage space just above the ashtray...

in the 2din space i was gonna place the MPL6800 to play the dvdz..

as 4 the actual computer (voompc possibly?) i was gonna hide that in the glovebox or in the boot.. dvd rom in the glovebox.

and yea 4 that voompc i was gonna get the box only.. (is that what they mean by barebones?).. and yea i got a computer place near my work that can fix up the processor,harddrive,memory etc so if it fcuks up, i can get them to service it instead of dealing with people across town,interstate or overseas if i got a problem with the pc.

Edited by JJCRU23R