battery problem

trd

hey buddies. i need you guys help

my battery is orbital blue top with 750CCA and 1.5 years old. i drive the car less than 8 hours per week most at night time and everytime i drive i play full system music(sub, AMP and splits). today, the battery flated and only 26 CCA in my battery(have been tested by workshop). what problems do you think in my system?

i have a total RMS 500-550 sound system. also, other electronic stuffs such as HID, APEX SAFC and earth cable ground kits. would this cause problem? do i need to change bigger alternator? which one would fit in 1zzfe?

TRD

gday trd.

your battery/ alternator is more than large enough to run 550watts. might i sugest that you drive your car more often, batterys dont like being left around in garages. it will only discharge while your not using it, regular usage of your car will result in elongated battery life. i drive my ae102r 500km a week and my battery is a standard nrma which is now almost 5 years old. your sound system unless faulty wont be drawing any power.

any chance you are leaking out current in your setup??

I don't believe its your stereo at all cause its still less then 600wrms. You shouldn't need to change the alternator at all. Is your battery still capable of holdings its own charge?? You could of run into some bad luck with a bad battery...it does happen even with the better branded batteries.

Also unless your doing really short drives here and there I believe you have enough time for the battery to charge. I have run my standard battery flat about 6 times and it still works like a charm.

Edited by Suprathai

Capacitors are generally for rice value, its better to invest in a better battery then a capacitor. Capacitors only work well if your spending big money on them. If you are having problems with dimming lights around the car, its better to make sure that you have good grounding. A good start would be to upgrade all the wiring and contact points of the ground wire in your car. About $80 and an hour should see you solving any kind of dimming problems, followed by a good battery and last would be the capacitor.

i am not interested to buy other caps as my system RMS is below 1k. what i am wondering is how to solve the battery going too fast. by the way, has anyone know what tools should i need to use when i need to hook up connector with 0WG cable. i just found the one can hook up 8wg only. please help...

TRD