Encasing a shift light in an a-pillar gauge pod...

Dead

I was tossing around the idea of installing a custom two gauge a-pillar pod and having the lower one occupied by a shift light. I've been looking around and the majority of shift lights available are pretty long and wouldn't really fit in properly.

Given that I absolutley hate electricity and don't touch this sort of stuff I was wondering if any of you guys have pro's and con's on this idea. Have I concieved something cool? Or am I dreaming? hmmm.

im sure it can be done..

i think silvabullit was selling a-pillar gauge thingys not long ago. it fit 3 guages if my memory servez me correctly... so yea they are around if you looked 4 em...

but your only after 2 guages yea? i guess you can cut holes into your existing pillar and bondo the gauges on, sand it and paint it 2make custom gauges... similar job 2 the diy tweeter install i saw somewhere online. same principal, but your putting guages - not tweeterz.. both require some wiring, so same diff?! definately not impossable. other cars on the street have got em,... seen a swift and i think a pulsar with huge gauges on the pillar so yea if it could be done on those cars, y not a rolla?

good luck

im sure it can be done..

i think silvabullit was selling a-pillar gauge thingys not long ago. it fit 3 guages if my memory servez me correctly... so yea they are around if you looked 4 em...

but your only after 2 guages yea? i guess you can cut holes into your existing pillar and bondo the gauges on, sand it and paint it 2make custom gauges... similar job 2 the diy tweeter install i saw somewhere online. same principal, but your putting guages - not tweeterz.. both require some wiring, so same diff?! definately not impossable. other cars on the street have got em,... seen a swift and i think a pulsar with huge gauges on the pillar so yea if it could be done on those cars, y not a rolla?

good luck

I was only looking at 2 because I'm interested in grabbing the DIN gauge units from defi now that they have the red ones out. Going for a red theme in the car, ie: gauges etc. If three it is then 3 it shall be haha. Meh I'll see. The defi gauges are going to set me back $850 though haha.

im looking at getting some defi din gauges too, i spotted them cheaper on skyline australia for $700 from a trader

Ah sweeeeet. I'll be looking early next year to do the defi stuff and new headdeck. I'll be looking at a single defi a/f gauge to sit above the shift light in the planned a-pillar arrangement.

Been looking at both gizzmo and autometer led shift lights with dig. readout. I'm obsessed with the whole 'post-modern futuristic' look of cars now lmao.

Well many thanks to Mawwwk Purcell (I'm feeling South African again today) for his insight into this mod.

I'm now going to grab a spare a-pillar and do some fibreglass work on it myself and mould it to my liking. The gauge I'm selecting that will sit above the shift light will be a defi a/f ratio gauge to mate with the defi DIN gauges that I'm grabbing later on in it's life.

The shift light that will be encased on the lower part of the a-pillar will either be a gizzmo or autometer led w. digital rev readout (unless I can find another brand that offers something else?)

Hmm...any insight onto brands would be fantastic too guys...cheers!

PS: I think this is the most involved I've ever been on here when it comes to DIY projects hahaha.

AHA!!!

I found something perfect. I've decided to have only one pod now in the a-pillar (don't want to look like a ricer boy) and this should look nice and posh.

http://www.autometer.com/dpss/index.html

Gauge style.

EDIT: I rang Rocket Industries regarding this gauge. $220. Fair enough. The guy on the phone wasn't very friendly though.