Sportivo TRD Air Filter

Kevsta

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the TRD panel filter in the standard air box. I just want to get some feedback on what sort of power gains/induction noise they get (if any) from switching over to it as it will be the only mod I do for the sportivo.

:)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive put it in. It gives you a nice whizzing noise when u floor it. Feels like heaps more air is coming in. But there isnt too much pick up in hp. Its nice tho for under 200 dollars. Car feels like it pulls a lil bit harder plus its got a nice but not loud sound.

Yep. K&N have a panel filter for the celica and stivo and the normal corolla.

arount $120-$130.

i bought one before..but then asked for a refund...

why? :blink:

coz it do much in terms of increasing performance.

made the car run smoother and a bit of induction noise...

BUT....BUT.... :unsure:

Because they're an OIL based filter...the residual oil ends up forming around the HOT WIRE....(it's the wire that detects air flow...blah blah..)

and just before you turn off your car..the wire goes RED hot to burn off any dirt/muk on it. but....OIL??? when you heat up oil...things get hotter and hotter...right?

Well...that means that it will eventually BURN out the HOT WIRE..thus....one day..you may be driving along...and then you're car LEANS out or something....

BANG!!! BYE BYE ENGINE!

That's why i've just stuck with the stock filter..and it does the BEST filtration job..as well as still providing sufficient air flow..

I've even got the dyno charts to prove that the filter didn't do much at all.

not even 1 kw.... <_<

-tj

Thanks for the information. I'm looking at it from a warranty perspective, and figured if you've got a trd one toyota won't void your warranty - but hope they don't change it to a paper one during services.

Anyone thought of strategically drilling a hole in the bottom of the standard air box and attaching some flexi-hose for a cheaper alternative to cold air induction ? I'm sure it could be all hidden away and only noticeable once you remove the panel filter.

Hey xTiGeRx here is a link to some pictures of the TRD CAI in Peekay34's rolla. The pictures were taken when we last got together.

http://members.optushome.com.au/icehockey_...eetup_23rd.html

I am getting my TRD Intake installed tonight after work. It finally arrived this morning!

Yeah!... Bring on the good times :D :D :D :D :D

penrith toyota suck balls

well i had a bad experience with them thats all, theyre service was horrible and he was overcharging like a mofo..

castle hill toyota does the same parts and can help you out with good prices

yeah how much for the CAI also how much did u pay for the TRD air filter? and where did u acquire this awesome equipment :D

Mr duck, I would recommend saving your money a bit longer for the TRD CAI as I have. I've just installed it last night and it is awesome. The car definately feels like it has more grunt between 3000 - 6000rpm and really takes off in lift.

To order from the states it costs about $200 US plus approx $50 AUS shipping.

It's the best money I've spent my stivo has even more personality now :D

Mr Duck: Performance wise...don't bother...

i've done my research with K&N (which is similiar to the TRD product. both oil based..) i've even got the dyno sheets to prove that it didn't do much at all.

not worth it.

Ilivfor6: I agree with you. Save your money and buy the CAI. You'll get better results.

bit racer: toyota wont void ur warantee if u change the air filter to a non toyota one. its a consumable and so are many other parts in ur car(brake pads, fuel filter, oil) which are made by many diff comapnies...

if they where to only limit u to using toyota parts then they would have a monoply and would charge a **** laod for the parts. (and isnt a monoply illegal?)

i think we would kno about this and not have baught toyotas.

Thanks for the info illuminati. :D

I'm going to do what other people advise here and that is to save up for the CAI instead.

Can cops defect you for having a pod filter in NSW ? I heard this from somewhere but don't know if its a rumour or not.