Head unit woes

qkslvr

My 6 stacker head unit has gone bonkers. the eject and load mechanism seems to be stuck. I started the car the other day and tried to eject a disc. nothing happened and and stayed on the eject screen for ages. then and Error came on the screen. now i can't eject, load new discs. i can't even play any discs already in there. i can only play radio and tape. Arghh! not happy <_< :angry:

i've booked it in for service but we'll see how it goes.

it sounds like warranty so do not worry you should not need to pay for the repair.

thoroughly check your car upon return because i remember pecker had something to fix in his interior and the mechanic accidentally damaged other parts.

when discs get stuck in disc-loading drives on macintosh computers there is a spot in the corner of the slot to insert a pin to eject the stuck disc. does the head unit have this spot in the corner of the slot?

good luck!

when discs get stuck in disc-loading drives on macintosh computers there is a spot in the corner of the slot to insert a pin to eject the stuck disc. does the head unit have this spot in the corner of the slot?

Thanks for the tip. but no i don't think there is a manual eject thingy on the head unit. i will have a closer look during lunch though.

yeah, i'm sure warranty will cover it but i'm just annoyed that i have to take time off work to go and get it fixed. :angry:

i know what you mean about the inconvenience.

part of my car was repainted under warranty. not only did they make me take my car direct to the panel beater but then i had to make my own way to and from work as there was no loan car for the week.

sorry if this sounds rude but did you look in the manual for troubleshooting? there could be something there to help you and then you can save your time in going in for warranty service.

Hahaha. It just worked. i just went out to the car and when i started the car, the disc just ejected. The disc had a stick on label and the label peeled and jamed the mechanism. :angry:

oh well, guess i'm a idiot for blaming toyota when it was actually the disc. :ph34r:

Seems like these 6cd players have some problems. I think burnt CD may cause damage for the unit. It happened in my gf's IS200 and my friend's Mazda6. But thank *** it was the sticker that caused the problems. Careful next time dude :)

my first 6 stacker gave up the musical ghost with CDr's.

Anyway good to see you solved the problem.

BTW was that the word *** that was censored?

Anyone: Why is the word g-o-d not allowed on this forum, talk about over censoring...